Monday, December 23, 2024

SMILE - Junque Journal in Pink


The SMILE junque journal in pink is finished.  

I didn't take photos of every page (too many) but here are a few to give you a peek inside.

(the left page above had a bit of embellishment added after the photo was taken)

In making this, I learned how to create my own caption stickers using full-sheet sticker paper that feeds through the printer.  

I also created some watercolor washed backgrounds like the sheet music above.


Playing with tissue paper backgrounds to add color was very satisfying.


I even found a way to incorporate two leftover cards from my Color Wheel Rolodex project.


There are a lot of single, often vintage, envelopes with things tucked inside and I love using glassine envelopes like the one on the left.


Seed packets are another of my go-to items for tucking into pockets or envelopes.


I'm not sure why this particular photo tickles me no end.  

A freebie piece (right) by Sarah Gardner was embellished with a pink Posca pen in order to showcase a sticker that Lynne sent me.


The journal ends with this two-page spread full of tissue paper collage and a vintage envelope with a note tucked inside that tells the story of SMILE. 


Even more pink - When DH and I ventured out to Costco Friday, I found this pink amaryllis.  A couple of years ago I had one from this women-owned company and it bloomed profusely.  It looks like this one will do the same.


And from our house to yours - wishing you joy.


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Outstanding!!

Julierose said...

I LOVE that pink journal you've made--just heavenly, QDJulie;)))
Today is baking and cooking day for me..we went to grocery early--7:15 am and the temp out there was 6 degrees!! Brrrrr. but it's
D O N E!!
I hope your celebrations are wonderful this Christmas and that you are feeling a lot better both foot and shoulder-wise...
hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Amaryllis looks like it will be loaded with blooms!

Barbara Anne said...

Wow! What a delightful celebration of PINK!!
YM looks ready for the festivities!
Hope you continue to feel better and stronger.

May comfort and joy abound!

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats I'm finishing up your journal, Julie! It's looking so pretty in pink. You looking forward to seeing what your next journal project is. Merry Christmas to you and yours!