Friday, November 22, 2024

Quick Catch Up


This is an older photo of my stash shelves . . . but the good news is I've been able to spend several hours upstairs sorting out all kinds of things that have been squirreled away.

(Stairs - both up and down - are still on a two-footed basis with both hands on the hand rails.  I see Dr. Foot again on Monday for my six-week check up.  Fingers crossed he is happy with the healing that is taking place.)

My primary goal in my studio rooms is to move things that I am no longer interest in OUT so I can use the newly-emptied space to rearrange the things I am interested in for easier access (speaking in particular about my art journaling supplies).

Next up will be tackling the rest of what DH and younger son moved back upstairs for me (those pretty much have homes waiting for them to return) followed by a massive clean out of the large closet that houses my thrifted books, quilt projects, and all sorts of other random miscellany once I can use the 3-step stool again.  Until that point I will focus on the floor and lower shelves while sorting things into three groups - keep, donate, and toss.

All in good time . . . and with the sewing studio being slowly emptied of the stuff that accumulated while I was downstairs-bound, I may even be able to start the FMQ on Spoondrift (it was pin basted just before my surgery) since I drive Max with my non-surgical foot. 

I'll be back on Monday with a couple more wrap up posts for Lexicon.  Never fear, the quilt making photos will return!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Clutter is the enemy of clarity."
Julia Cameron

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Isn’t it amazing how a thorough going through can bring into focus those things that are no longer resources that support current interests? I’ve just done that for my books and magazines…….and cleared out enough space on the shelves to move marinating projects out of the cupboard and onto shelves. This is good because out of sight is definitely out of mind for me. If I don’t see it, it doesn’t exist. How have I not realized this before?

The Joyful Quilter said...

All good news, Julie. Here's hoping that things go well with Dr. Foot on Monday!

Julierose said...

Great that you are able to do your sorting and to climb stairs ...definite progress on the foot front;)))
I am still "canoodling" around not really "into" anything much these days...
Writing in my Junque Journal sporadically...
Hope your appointment with Dr. "Foot" goes well...hugs for a great weekend...Julierose

Vicki W said...

So glad that you are doing so well!

Barbara Anne said...

How wonderful to be able once again to be productive in your sewing rooms even if it is mostly putting things in their proper places and it means taking the stairs carefully.
Won't it be satisfying to get Spindrift a step closer to finished with your FMQ? JOY!
Hope Dr. Foot is well pleased with you and your healing.
Daunting quotation vs my small sewing room. Yikes!

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's easier to made decisions of keep, donate, and toss when you have been away from it all for a period of time. I hope you make a good dent in the reorganization. Good vibes coming your way for your Dr. Foot visit.

iHanna said...

Oh wow, those shelves look amazing! I hope you will share the new set up as well. Now I'm curious.

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

Oh wow you are so so organized. That looks amazing. And you have quiet a stock of fabrics to choose from.

Nancy said...

Oh my, I sympathize with you and the mountain of things we accumulate- especially with both fabric and paper/journaling supplies. I'm in the same boat going through things as we are in the middle of a move (hence the reason my blog has languished for a time). However, you are impeded with your mobilility, so i wish you well with your recovery. So much stuff! But we do use it all, or nearly all.

Nann said...

Those shelves are tidy enough for a magazine shoot! Sounds as though you are making the best use of your recuperation time. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Seftons.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have refolded every piece of fabric and reorganized. I need to start writing the blog again. I have had neck issues and doing PT.

San said...

I love the color-coordination. So satisfying to look at :)