Wednesday, November 20, 2024

Lexicon - Letters, N, O, Q, and U



Here is the two-page spread for the letter N -- 


. . . and the spread for the letter O.




The letter Q was one of my more challenging spreads, but I'm quite happy with the way it came together.




The letter U . . . 






* * *

I managed to spend a couple of hours upstairs in the studio - mostly putting things away that have been taken upstairs for me over the past few weeks.  Goodness, I need to spend more time doing a deeper clean/cull/edit/declutter!

I also managed to put away the Halloween decor (after the guys carried it upstairs for me).  Now the house is ready for Christmas decor (next week).  

One thing at a time with rest breaks for the foot in between.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Do not spoil the wonder with haste."
J.R.R. Tolkien

7 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Hey, I know where the Quintessential word on the Q layout came from ;-). Yay for spending a few hours in your upstairs studio!

Julierose said...

Good for you taking those rest breaks--I am on total rest as even cutting with scissors is difficult still.
I really like how your "Q" and "U" pages finished up--"Q" is so difficult along with "X" and "Z"--I still only have about 1/4 of the "easy" letter pages done on my book...
Gray here today, but the bright spot is that i go and get my haircut....Take care --hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Wonderful words! When I saw "obscura" I was reminded of a Science Fair project DS1 did, making a Camera Obscura from a Quaker Oatmeal round tub. The idea was from a library book of Science Fair ideas. Just sayin'!
Wise of you to take breaks to sit after the joyous workout gained in putting things in your studio away and planning ...!

Hugs!

San said...

So happy you can move around better, but you'd better take these breaks still :)

Lovely pages, again!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL! Love how you added the Dr. Seuss in those pages, Julie. SEW glad to hear that you've made it up to the studio AND are still able to remember to rest!

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

I love the Tolkien quote.

And I adore these pages as you know. The letter Q in the German language would be almost impossible I fear. Not sure... I guess I need to start to see.

a good craft room declutter is on my to-do list too. Sigh.

Nancy said...

Aren't these just so pleasing? Just love the pages. For some reason I have yet to fathom, gluebooking just drags me in. I spot an image in a random magazine and just know it has to get stuck in a book!