Friday, November 15, 2024

Lexicon - T, W, X, and More




























These are the last of the completed two-page spreads (for now, anyway).

The letter T . . . 



The letter W . . . 



































The letter X (with a reminder that the end of the alphabet is near) . . . 































Here I used parts of a page from a thrifted copy of Dr. Seuss's ABC book since there are so few words that begin with X (that are found anywhere beyond a dictionary). 














Finally, skipping ahead a few pages in the journal . . . 




This is the lead page for the final section of the journal (the part that follows the letter Z).

I'll share photos of the first few pages of "more" in my next post.

* * *

I realize that going to the dentist might not seem like anything worth mentioning - but I took myself there yesterday, walked in from the parking lot using my new purple cane, got my teeth cleaned ("look ma, no cavities" - anyone else remember that saying?), walked back out to my car, and drove myself home.  A week ago I'm not sure I could have done all that.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Art allows people a way to dream their way out of their struggle."
Russell Simmons

7 comments:

iHanna said...

Wonderful that you are on the mend, keep it up!

I'd skipped the X so I am very impressed that you managed to find two pages worth of x:es! Well done.

Happy weekend!

Julierose said...

Love your "X" page--great idea using Dr. Seuss!! :)))
I am busy chopping up flyers, mags, newspapers, etc to get my Alpha pages filled--it is a lot of relaxing fun.
I go to my dental appointment this morning --planning to tell them I want "No Drama" hahaha--Good deal your being able to ambulate in there with your cane;)) Progress for sure QD Julie--
yay!! :))) Hugs, Julierose

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

Cheers for taking yourself to the dentist on your own feet. Amazing. Great recovery.
I can only repeat myself in saying I love this project. Will be looking forward seeing the more pages.

Cherie Moore said...

Yay! Talk about progress and no cavities to boot ;-). I’m driving now, too…..no more double vision.

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in getting yourself to the dentist and home again plus No cavities!! Great day for you! This accomplishment is a bright light at the end of the recovery tunnel and not the headlight of an oncoming train!
Love these pages, the fun of Dr. Seuss, and the festival of delicious words and fonts!

Hugs!

Ann said...

Congrats on no cavities and a fun project.

suzanne day by day said...

Look at all those gorgeous X words! I find your lexicon journal so stimulating and somehow nostalgic. Eye and brain candy.

Hooray for no cavities!