Wednesday, November 13, 2024

Lexicon - M, P, R, and S

 The next filled two-page spread features the letter M . . . 

The letter P was one of the first two-page spreads to be filled . . .  


The Letter R's spread wasn't far behind . . . 



And, to no one's surprise, the letter S spread was also an early finisher . . . 


I'll share the last few filled spreads in the next post.

Meanwhile, with each piece of junk mail that arrives, I'm managing to find at least one or two more words.  Slowly but surely all of the remaining letter spreads will be completed. 

* * *

My latest "first" since foot surgery was accompanying DH to Costco yesterday.  We divided our list and he shopped on foot with a normal cart while I used one of their battery-powered carts to gather my list items.  Definitely not my favorite way to shop but it felt good to be out in such a large store and not be totally exhausted with an aching foot by the time the car was loaded and we headed home.   (I hadn't been to Costco since early September when the foot pain that required surgery became too much to handle)

Next up is to deal with a couple of larger paper tiger issues (monthly credit card statements and this year's open enrollment).  

p.s.  Just a note to those who are visiting as part of NaBloPoMo 24 - Thanks very much for stopping by and leaving your comments.  I apologize for not responding but Blogger is sending your comments to me via email as no-reply so there is no way for me to respond to you individually.  

Quiltdivajulie

-----------------------------------------------

"We have art so that we shall not die of reality."

Nietzsche

15 comments:

ButterZ said...

Good to hear your foot is improving

Julierose said...

Your finished pages are just so neat!! You are really moving along with these--I am finding the hardest ones to be : J's, Z's X's, and U's..so far...
I like the fact that I am using up even more of my mag and junk mail pages this way...I will have a lot of pages left in my notebook to do other "wordy" stuff, too.
Glad you got out for a bit--nice to hear you are getting better...Hugs, Julierose

Julierose said...

P.S. do you repeat words? Or use them only once? I do have some repeats on my pages--but thinking maybe I won't in the future...
[discerning paper crafters need to know hahaha]. Julierose

Julierose said...

Since i've seen such a decline in bloggers this past year, I've decided to join in with NA

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your escape to Costco, Julie! Gotta love a list that gets divided and conquered. It's the best way to shop in a warehouse store!

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, your quote for today is so on target! Glad you got out….and you braved Costco!

Mary said...

I confess your Lexicon project fascinates me. Every time I talk myself out of beginning yet another project, I see one of your posts and get interested again. I see you are using a spiral notebook with perforated pages. Would you mind sharing its dimensions?

MG Doodle Studio said...

Your pages are so cool! What a fun project!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you got out to shop. I have always wondered how easy the battery operated carts are to use.

Barbara Anne said...

Great pages of wonderful words!
How nice to be out and about, even in the scooter at Costco. I haven't been to Costco since they moved from being 3 blocks away to being way out in the boonies.
Next up, stairs, then sewing?

Hugs!

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

Still in love with this project. It must be so satisfying having another page completed. So no double words are the pages... That must take so much time to find the ones and then the sizes... Amazing.

Magpie Sue said...

Glad to hear you're recovering well. Thanks for the great quote!

audrey said...

Love the quote at the bottom of your post today! You are so inspiring in that you just never give up.:) Great for you to get out and do a little of the normal stuff again even if you had to have a cart. No shame there!:)

Tammy said...

And how fun that the lexicon project has prompted you to be on the lookout for interesting words (like a typographical treasure hunt)! Glad your foot is feeling well enough to get out & about yet not have to put stress on it.

San said...

These pages are so cool!