Monday, November 11, 2024

Lexicon - Letters E through H

Both pages of the Letter E are filled in . . . 



And so are both pages of the letter F . . . 


Next up was the letter G . . . 


And the letter H . . . 




If you want to see more posts for my Lexicon project, just click on the label at the bottom of this post.

* * *

Today is DH's first appointment for the second cataract removal.  He has waited patiently for my foot to heal enough for me to take him back and forth and I know he's more than ready to move ahead so both eyes are more balanced.

Another bit of personal progress - I have swapped my walker for a cane, mostly for outdoors or in areas other than home.  

Stairs are still a no-go which is starting to bug me more and more - I can't remember when I haven't been in one or both of my studios for a full month.  I know they're still there and that everything in them will wait for me, but with this many days to think about the waiting projects, the stuff I'm not using, the way I'd like to edit/cull, and ideas for shifting things around, my pile of notes to myself is getting pretty deep.

Young Man was here for an overnight - the off-and-on rainy days were spent flying his drone in the front yard, taking his scooter around our smaller block and then the larger one, 
practicing his basketball dribble (the church league team started practice this week),
playing with his Lego, making lots of paper airplanes, and working on a couple of challenging solar vehicle kits. He and his parents have been reading the Harry Potter series - they just finished Book 3 so we read the first four chapters of Book 4.  

Be back again on Wednesday with another batch of wordy pages.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."
G.K. Chesterton 

9 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Your Lexicon pages are a delight to read and they certainly are wonderfully full!
Wishing your sweetie well with this 2nd cataract procedure and all those eye drops again!
Well done on your recovery process! It's annoying to be a stairway away from your glorious creative rooms, but 'shrea, shrea', meaning one thing at a time. Soon you'll be carefully going up and down the stairs and after that, stair climbing and descending will be back to normal.
Can you send someone upstairs to bring something to work on down to you?

Hugs!

Julierose said...

Wonderful pages, QDJulie!! Stairs are always the last thing to master I think--it is very hard not to be able to go to your rooms...;(((
Hopefully it won't be too much longer...
I spent yesterday gluing my "littlest" [:))) ] scrappy bits and tear- offs into an old hard cover book--When the page gets full I cut it up to use for flips in my journals...very scrappy for sure!!
Hope this week sees you feeling a lot better Good luck to your DH--hugs, Julierose

San said...

Oh, these lexicon pages are so cool! Love that project! :)

I am sorry you can't get to your studio right now. That must be a huge bummer.

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

I have said it before but I say it again: these pages are so amazing. I really want to do my own now.

All the best for the cataract surgery and well wishes to you and your foot too.

Home Here and There said...

Those pages look so fun! Thanks for sharing them.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Glad you are healing, sorry about not being able to get to your studios! The pages are pretty cool, its interesting the words that Stood out to me.... hmmm

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm so glad that you're on the mend! I had to go deep diving through former posts to learn what had happened to you and why you were in recovery mode. Needless to say, I'd been away from blogs and such for a good while. Gracious, you've been through it!! Prayers raised for speedy healing for both you and your DH. I know that this is hard when you're IN IT- but, looking back, you'll recognize that this was just a speed bump in the road of life. You're still as productive as ever. Hugs~

Nann said...

There's poetry on these pages! Post-cataract vision is wonderful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love those wordy pages, Julie! A journal like that is on my list of projects to do some day. Have fun cutting out those words!