Friday, August 30, 2024

Vellichor and A Few Steps Forward



The project formerly named Old Books has a new name -- I really like this word and what it means.


Yesterday, I managed to finish cutting the brown and cream strips from yardage to go with the scrappy leftovers that were cut to size before I started feeling so bad.

The WOF strips are pressed and ready to be sub cut later today (if all goes well).

* * * 

I am 90% back on my feet, aside from flagging energy levels.  After 5-6 days on two strong antibiotics, I developed a rash on my lower legs so one of them has been stopped.  I'll finish the remaining 4 days of the second one as a precaution (I've never had a problem with it before, so we're pretty sure it was the second one that drove the rash or else the mix of the two being too strong after that first few days).  


Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Happy you are on the mend--take it really slow and be sure to take rest breaks....hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

Great word but even better to hear from you :) The brown and cream strips evoke the exact meaning of vellichor.

Barbara Anne said...

What an interesting new-to-me word and it's the perfect name for your formerly "Old Books" quilt!
Sorry for the bothersome rash that you've experienced and hope it's fading quickly and didn't itch! The over-the-counter med Caladryl is a combination of Calamine lotion and Benadryl that really decreases itching. It has always been pink but now comes in 'clear'.
Take your time getting back to cutting fabric as lingering fatigue and befuddlement can derail your accuracy. I know this for a sad fact.

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm happy to hear you are back in the studio for small sessions. Your use of unfamiliar words reminds me of an exercise our 8th grade teacher had us do. We were to just open the dictionary to any random page and pick the most unfamiliar word on that page and tell our class how to pronounce it and what it meant. I still remember the word my best friend chose and her mispronunciation if it. None of us knew she was incorrect but the teacher gently led her through the correct pronunciation.

Nann said...

Ah! "Chor" is from the Greek for "scent." (I knew petrichor = the scent of rain, and now I've learned vellichor!)

Mystic Quilter said...

So good to read that you are on the way to recovery and spending a little time here and there in the studio. Love the new name for the quilt in progress, you couldn't have found anything more appropriate.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great name - and a great feeling!
Glad you are on the mend!!!