As I was pin basting Hoppipolla, I couldn't help getting lost in its glorious scrappiness.
Cows and reindeer play with stripes and polkadots.
Kaffe Collective, Paula Nadlestern, Tim Holtz, and a couple of pink pigs.
A rocket ship from one of Young Man's pillowcases, bits from fabrics sent by friends, grunge, and more Kaffe Collective.
Fabrics from my teaching quilts, more scraps from friends, fragments of text, and bits of Christmas fabric.
So many scraps from so many different quilts.
I love the pieces of leftover strata in the mix.
Even a tiny pink deer.
* * *
I've finally made up my mind how I want to quilt Hoppipolla and I've chosen the thread.
As soon as Fire and Ice is created and quilted, Hoppipolla is next in line.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Art is something that makes you breathe with a different kind of happiness."
Annie Albers








11 comments:
Gorgeous!!! I agree about the wonderfulness of scrappy quilts!
And if we didn’t know it already, check out all the fabrics with words, Julie loves word fabrics ;)
what a lovely quilt made up of pieces from your other projects--i love scrappiness too...Really a very pretty one!! It will be fun to quilt it...
I plan to begin quilting my Flowering Snowball #2 today--it is just so humid out there we most likely will be in the AC all day long...good day for it!!
I hope your weekend is a good one hugs, Julierose
So many wonderful memories held within those rails! I think it's sweet that Fire and Ice will be skipping the line for quilting. What a wonderful MeeMah you are, Julie!
it is gorgeous..i do love scrappy quilts...make a lot myself!
I also love scrappy quilts and yours is a beauty!! May need to put that on my list which is way too long as always. Thanks for sharing!
Scrap quilts are the best. Just the colors alone are happy, but looking at the variety of prints is more happiness.
It's such fun to review the scraps, finally sewn into a quilt, and remember what else you made from that fabric.
Totally delicious fabrics in your scrappy quilt and I, too, love scrappy quilts the most.
The quotation is so true, too.
Hugs!
Hooray for scrappy quilts! Good one, Julie! I love them too!
I love to just sit and look at all the different fabrics. I Spy! It's rather calming.
Anything goes! No decisions to make or dithering about fabrics to use if you use scraps.
They make for good quilts for folks in the hospital or hospice or extended care. Gives patient and visitors something to look at and sometimes memories are triggered and conversations sparked by something found in a quilt.
I could not possibly agree with you more! I love scrappy quilts! They are a trip down memory lane and all the memories are good!
Post a Comment