Younger son and I spent a glorious 90 minutes at the annual book sale sponsored by the Friends of our local library (not the one we usually visit across town).
In this stack, the top three are for Young Man's bookshelf here at our house.
(not shown - two hardback copies of Wings of Fire (dragons) books 7 and 9 that will go to his house)
I found a set of three tall narrow cookbooks to alter, a stack of Little Golden books to turn into journals, and two copies of another blank spiral bound book to be filled when I find the right topic.
This stack of books are not in English. Two are in German, one is in French, and one in Hebrew.
Since I love using old book pages in my collage having a variety of languages creates more visual interest.
This particular book will become my In the Mailbox journal.
(and the book's block pages will be great fun to use in future projects)
I chose it because I want to make the signatures using envelopes (this size and number tens along with business reply envelopes). Security envelopes have such an interesting mix of colors and a wide variety of interior patterns which will give the project a marvelous backdrop.
* * *
The dryer is still not working despite the two new replacement parts DH installed. Upon further study, the thermal fuse is the next likely culprit and that part is due here tomorrow.
Until then I've borrowed this rack from the studio (shown here with strips for Dumpster Diving 1 - Willy Nilly) so we can drape flat items to dry. Fingers crossed this next part solves the no-heat problem.
Hoping to have a quilt finish to share on Monday.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------p.s. I've just finished reading the Kindle Unlimited version of Found in a Bookshop by Stephanie Butland. Now I'll go back through and copy out a goodly number of passages I want to keep. If you are a lover of books and you haven't read it, you should.






8 comments:
What a lovely haul of books!!![ I think I may have 3 of those tall, narrow recipe books on my shelf, too. ] Good idea using your quilt rack--hope your machine gets fixed up soon--that is a pain!!
Hugs for a great weekend Julierose
You scored really well at the sale!! Good luck with the dryer problem.
We LOVE books and you've really started YM out in life as a book lover, to! Your book sale haul certainly has your marvelous creative wheels turning!
Hope the dryer is fixed by this third new part.
Hugs!
Our local Friends of the Library SALE should be coming up in a few weeks. You did well at the one near you, Julie! Just checked and I missed the Spring sale last month. I'll have to wait until September for the next one. :o((
Our problem with no dryer heat was a clogged exhaust pipe, duh! Old books have so much character. I used to practically live in the library as a small child. I could walk to it and read and read.
Jackpot! I love finding old books to use in journals and arts. Hope the repairs happen soon.
I bought My Father's Dragon (and the other two in the series) for my last two kids. They loved it and we still have it on our shelves.
I have been toying with the idea of late of making journals such as you have described. I buy copies of Stampington magazines from time to time and they have articles on making journals. I am not really interested in actual written journaling, but of making interesting journals as you have written about. I will be interested in what you come up with.
Post a Comment