I've been busy all week but I don't have any photographic evidence to share.
Quite a bit of time went into our 2023 tax prep. My part is done now and the papers are in the hands of our CPA (fingers crossed for a better result than we had last year).
More time went into the clean up that followed. That darn paper tiger does not rest, even when I'm busy.
With the passing of St. Patrick's Day and the so-short two-week window of time before Easter, our seasonal decor jumped from leprechauns and shamrocks to "spring" sans bunnies and eggs.
And then there have been several outings with younger son and/or DH to do this or that.
As far as sewing - zip, zero, zilch.
I did find a couple of hours two evenings to work on my Yellow-Orange ROYGBIV journal (glue book). The pages are now prepped - ready and waiting for me to add the fun stuff.
I also made up my mind how to move forward with the second Rolodex which meant sorting and filing/tossing the bits and pieces from my original plan to make two-color cards.
For now, the second Rolodex project is being called In the Mailbox.
My thoughts are to collage the blank white cards front and back with things like postage stamps, printed postmarks, zip code stickers, words and images cut from our junk mail, coupons from the weekly flyers, insides of security envelopes, bits of handwritten letters, sections of greeting cards, USPS logos, "do not bend" labels, scraps from happy mail, and so on. Time will tell if my thoughts become reality that can be photographed and shared.
Young Man will be spending most of this weekend with us so I hope to have some fun photos to share on Monday (probably not anything fabric or paper related though).
Be back next week . . .
Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:
Taking a break from "making" must be in the air--that is what I seem to be doing (or rather "not doing") these days.
The rolo idea sounds intriguing and fun to make....
I hope you have a good weekend...
hugs, Julierose
Have a fun weekend with young man. I hope you are having warmer weather than us. Light snow this morning.
Spring is a good time to play away from the sewing machine and cutting table because they'll be there waiting for rainy days or for a brilliant idea that has just landed in your creative brain!
Hugs!
Oh I am so pleased to read that I'm not the only one tidying, moving and sorting through fabric, books and shelving set ups! Not been able to get to reading blog posts until today, nor the machine! Hoping to remedy that tomorrow.
Taxes? Yuck! I'm eternally grateful that DH requires very little from me when it comes to tax prep. I'm sure you are enjoying your weekend with Young Man. Looking forward to seeing what crafting will occupy your time next week, Julie.
Post a Comment