Monday, February 19, 2024

Ready to Assemble


And we have a layout -- Ruth's blocks are now ready to sew together.


Here she is from another angle.


I also sewed the strip pair end-cuts together based only on nesting the seams and not putting the same fabric next to itself.   

The not-yet-pressed strip assures me that Ruth will indeed be a color-story beauty once she is quilted/finished.


Here is the strip hanging on the design wall.  

(I have three extra blocks for the top/bottom so the insert strip is long enough for the backing)


This closer up photo does a better job of showing the colors.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Make something . . . for yourself or of yourself or someone else with a friend out of wood from stuff you found with paint with clay with words just please whatever your do make something." 
Jo Hildler.

7 comments:

Jeannine said...

Beautiful!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The layout is great! It takes time to get the balance of color and value just right.

Vicki W said...

Ruth is going to be beautiful!

Agile Jack said...

I really like this quilt. It's a fun way to mix up a 16 patch. I might have to make a version of this in the future... ideas already flowing!

Barbara Anne said...

What a warm and welcoming celebration of Ruth! Have fun finishing this wonderful quilt that is near to your heart and is also one-of-a-kind-on-the-planet.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful - I love the balance of your mix of colour in the layout.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on getting the top together, Julie!!