Younger son was sick but is better now.
Then DH got sick but he is better now.
So Friday evening I finally had a chance to sew a few more blocks for Ruth.
(layout is planned at 7 wide x 5 long - blocks are 8" x 14" finished)
But I should have resisted the "what if" idea to turn the blocks on their sides.
Nope - don't like it.
This was the next step - take things down, move them around, big pile of blocks on the floor (hummed to the tune of the 99 bottles ditty).
I tried a couple of "planned" groupings but stopped.
I decided to use the first photo above to recreate what I had before I started moving things around - but by then my brain and body were too tired to deal with it.
So, I'm hoping to get things back to where they were later today and maybe even get the final few blocks sewn/pressed.
* * *
Little Man (shown here during the annual First Grade Hip Hop Festival) will be here Sunday for an overnight since there is no school on Monday but Mommy and Daddy both have to go to work - meaning I'll be back with a new post on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Never cut what you can untie."
Robert Frost





7 comments:
I do love the first grouping. Sometimes, it helps to rearrange. Other times, a time suck. Perseverance and a break will get you there. Such gorgeous fabric. I went back to the original Ruth post and saw a wonderful quote at the bottom. I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment after the watercolor workshop and need to slow down but there are so many unfinished things screaming at me. Thanks for the quote!
I like the blocks on their sides as well as vertical. It has to please the maker though. It's going to be a pretty quilt.
I do like the vertical layout, too. such pretty color mixes in this one!!
We are having snow squalls this afternoon--really coming down..
i did a bit of sewing; made four 4 "hugs" and 4 "kisses" into a little mat...
trying out blocks to see if they work on a smaller scale... used pinks and greens...[dreaming of Spring] hugs, Julierose
Always good to play around with settings but I'm with you, the vertical is the way to go for me with this one. Looking beautiful!!
Yep, vertical for me, too. Add more to make them squares, or not. It's all about what looks best and says "done" to you. Or you could consult LM while he visits.
One of the best things about fabric is that it will wait for you. Oh, yes!
Love the quote, too.
Hugs!
LM may be able to help you with color placement for those blocks. I agree that in this case vertical is preferable to horizontal. (Though, hmmm....what if an horizontal interrupted the vertical? Just saying. But I'll defer to LM.)
Yup, I'm in the vertical camp, too. Loving Ruth.
Post a Comment