Monday, February 5, 2024

Projects Moving Forward


Both Smaragdine and Leprechaun are now backed, sandwiched, and pin basted.  

It feels good to have them ready to FMQ.


Here you can see their respective backing fabrics.


Both quilts will be quilted using this thread.

Once Smaragdine and Leprechaun are finished, I'll get back to the blocks for Ruth.


In other studio news - I am going to loosely participate in this year's 100 Day Challenge.

It starts on February 18 - the introduction is here.  

I'm going to do my own thing and create a series of collaged 4" x 8" shipping tags using my still-being-gathered tea bags.  


I've also decided to participate in this year's June-July Index-Card-a-Day (ICAD) challenge.

Again, I will do my own thing and play with more collage and a lot of my stashed postage stamps on these 4" x 6" gridded index cards.

* * *




Oh, and my sister sent this framed cross stitch back to me and now it is hanging in my studio.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Detours in life may lead to discovering places we never knew we loved.  Embrace detours."
Anna Pereira

7 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Love your cheery green quilts and am glad they are ready for FMG so early in February!

Your wonderful organization for the cards and tags has you ready to create when an idea pops into your imagination. What fun!

How heartwarming that the framed cross-stitch picture Ruth Lena made so long ago. Isn't it a heartwarming delight to have this creative connection to her?

Hugs!

Julierose said...

Nice that you have those two ready for FMQ-ing--they will be so pretty!!
Great plans for collage and paper crafting. I am still resting my hands today, but hope to get back to some glue booking tomorrow...hugs, Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

Love those greens!!! You've surely come up with a great idea for the 100 Day Challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing your shipping tags pop up. You're certainly heading into a busy year Julie taking on the Index-Card-a-Day, good for you!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are getting a lot done. Cross stitch on perforated paper is something I have never seen. I'm surprised the paper has held up for so many years and not deteriorated.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun greens - and the leprechaun!!! Love him!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, to be the planner you are, Julie... Sigh.

Ann said...

Those greens are yummy. I'm so ready for spring to be here.