Friday, February 2, 2024

Heart Throb - The Quilt


When I finished the FMQ work on Heart Throb and turned it over, I found I'd come a bit too close to the bottom edge of the backing fabric . . . thank goodness I made it!


Quilt waiting for its binding.


Quilted using my liberated double orange peels and Glide thread in Shadow.


Late afternoon photo of the finished quilt hanging on the dining room wall - just in time for February's 


Once again, simple quilts can be so very effective -- note to self:  remember that nugget of wisdom next time I start over-pondering.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance."
Coco Chanel

5 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Over-pondering! Sometimes over-pondering gives me paralysis :(

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, simple quilts can definitely be striking and interesting.

Mari said...

Love it! And I have also had that heart-stopping moment when there's only a tiny bit of backing fabric at the edge. . .glad that you made it!

Barbara Anne said...

Love the concept of over-pondering. It sure slows creativity down and wastes a lot of time.

Delightful quilt, too! I love having seasonal and holiday wall quilts to use throughout the year.

Hugs!

Vicki W said...

It's a perfect February display quilt!