Earlier this week DH took this photo of our neighborhood hawk sitting on our backyard fence.
The photo should supersize if you'd like to admire this very handsome bird in greater detail.
Both of my studio rooms have been things-out-of-place work zones for the past few days so that DH could do some new wiring in the attic and install new LED lights in my design studio.
This photo was taken after installation but before the random holes are patched/painted, with only natural light from the window.
Same position but with the new lights turned on.
There are two circuits/two wall switches so I can turn on (a) the center light on each side, or (b) four lights without the two center ones, or (c) all six as shown here.
And several of you have asked if there is an appreciable difference in light quality.
This photo shows the old fluorescent fixtures and the turquoise/aqua and medium/dark blue stash shelves.
And this photo shows the new lights and those same two shelves.
Was it worth the disruption and expense?
Absolutely!
(just in case you're curious, these are Mcacggo 1x4 LED Flat Panel Light Surface Mount, 3000K-4000K-5000K Selectable & Triac Dimmable lights from Amazon)
* * *
Most of the heavy cleaning up is done but I need another few hours to put a lot of smaller things away before I pin baste Heart Throb.
There's definitely some FMQ action ahead.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Paint the flying spirit of the bird rather than its feathers."
Robert Henri



-imp.jpg)

8 comments:
Wow, your new lights are fantastic! What a difference. I know you will enjoy them, can I borrow your husband? ;o)
Yes, lights make a huge difference in color and even illumination. Plus they don't buzz like fluorescents.
Can you get the "light envy" imminating from here, Julie? I've got it BAD!!
I love these lights; we used similar flat-panel, flush mounted overhead lights when we redid our laundry room. Your space is so bright and welcoming, you'll be reaping the benefits of this upgrade for years! Bravo!!
Wowsers! How lovely - both the space and the husband! You are one neat woman! ram2eam2@gmail.com
The hawk is so pretty and perched on the fence is a bonus shot.
There is nothing better than good bright light and your set up is amazing.
He is quite the handsome hawk! How lucky to have him land and pose so nicely for hubby to take pictures. The before and after pictures of your new lighting clearly show it was worth it. Lucky you to have a willing and capable husband :)
Yay for the new lights in your quilting room!:)
Post a Comment