My slow stitched waiting room journal is finished.
The twelve pages (three signatures) each feature No. 5 Perle cotton stitching.
I used a three-hole pamphlet stitch to secure the signatures into the book's original fabric cover (instead of machine stitching as it came to me from the maker).
By working on this a little at a time (no more than an hour), my hands didn't bother me too much for which I'm grateful.
I especially like that I was able to include some bits from the stash that have personal meaning, like this from a junior bridesmaid dress I wore when I was 13.
Some of the stitching is closer together.
Some of the pages feature completely random designs.
Others are more symmetrical.
Others feature scraps of fabric.
This page and the next had a piece of white lace across the double page spread.
I removed the white lace because (1) it looked too new, and (2) I wanted to emphasize the unbroken lines of vertical stitching.
The final page with subtle color differences that show best in sunlight.
And hooray for the fact that tomorrow and each day after will have a bit more daylight and that much less darkness.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Winter reminds us that everyone and everything needs some quiet time."
Katrina Mayer













10 comments:
Just lovely slow stitching you've done in this booklet;)) There is something so calming about those lines of stitching on that fabric--is it linen?
Very nice work with your little bits of memories in there...
Hooray for the Solstice;}}}
hugs, Julierose
Your stitching is so neat that it looks like beading. I love that abolone button on one of the pages, too. Hurray for more sunlight! So looking forward to it. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Congratulations on finishing up this meaningful stitch journal, Julie. I can't imagine how many hours of waiting this occupied.
This is so beautiful- thanks for all the detailed photos
What a beautifully stitched journal and am glad you looked and listened to yourself in considering what looked too new or not just right. Nice you listened to your body and didn't stitch for long enough to annoy your hands, too. I'm with you one that new bother.
Happy Winter Solstice!
Hugs!
These are just lovely! I love when you embroider around the lace!
Your stitching is beautiful! If some look and don't see it does not matter. This stitching has a feeling as much as a look.
I love all the texture from the handstitching. The subtle colors enhance the stitching. All the different directions and thread color changes all add to the wonderful effect. I am looking forward to longer daylight. At lease yesterday, the sun came out for a bit and that made it betters.
Totally dreamy and so relaxing studying your beautiful stitching
in the oh so subtle thread colours. Congratulations on such a stunning project.
What a beautiful, meditative little book!
Post a Comment