Little Man spent Friday with us since there was an in-service day at his school while Mommy and Daddy had to go to work.
After baking peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars with Dee Dah, he asked about making a quilt for his penguin stuffy (gifted by Mommy to Daddy years ago when they first started dating).
So . . . a bit of leftover Dr. Seuss coinage became the base. And since the penguin likes red, this stripe was an obvious choice for the border, sashing strip, and binding.
Here's the four patch back (he couldn't decide which red/white he liked best so I offered this compromise which he happily accepted).
16.5" x 19"
I decided to use this thread for Inglenook.
And I'll use this one for Gnomeville and Brumous.
* * *
Despite all my positive/wishful thinking, the knee/leg is not getting better enough so I have an appointment with my ortho doc tomorrow.
In the meantime, I've spent quite a bit of time working on my slow stitch journal.
Only two final sections to stitch before I can re-assemble the book.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them."
Eeyore (A.A. Milne)




5 comments:
Oh I am sorry to hear that your knee has not improved--I hope all goes well with the Ortho Dr, tomorrow for you. Sending healing thoughts your way...
Cutest little quiltlet...LM has definite ideas about color...and they all work so well...Best of luck Hugs, Julierose
I hope your ortho doc will come up with a good solution for you. We all like to be mobile....and without pain.
Of course Penguin's favorite color is red!:) Prayers raised for answers, and healing, for your knee; so sorry to hear that you're having pain. Hugs~
What a wonderful Grandma you are to have so must amazing fabric in your stash that LM can choose what fabrics suit which stuffie for a perfect cozy quilt!
For some really silly reason that is unknown, I love peanut butter sandwiches but not peanut butter cookies, candies, cakes or pies. Go figure.
Considering my age, I suppose all of the ortho doctors I worked with in Memphis have retired or passed away. Wishing you and your knee well. Wasn't it nice when our body parts did their jobs silently and without our proper appreciation? DH's left knee is his bother.
Hugs!
That's an adorable little quilt for Penguin. Sorry your knee isn't coming along better. Hope your doctor has a plan to get things on track for faster healing.
Post a Comment