Wednesday, December 13, 2023

December Journal - a Few More Pages


Behind each date's cover page, there's one page from a Little Golden Christmas book and then two double-sided pages of scrapbook paper. 

On the first s'book paper page, I'm adding some sort of decoration along the left margin, a Kraft library card envelope, and (for now) emailed notes to myself for that date.

Eventually, I'll write my notes in red ink on library check-out cards and tuck the cards into the envelopes

Each envelope has a colorful name badge sticker and a single Christmas postage stamp.  

On the remaining pages, I'll add some sparkly silver stars, quotations, photographs, and all sorts of other bits and pieces. 


This is the gold metallic cover page for December 2.


And here is page one for Dec. second.  


Cover page for December 3.


Page one for Dec. 3.


Page one for December 4 . . .  (I do love that large letters washi tape!).


And Page one for December 5.

I am quite sure this journal will not be all put together until after the holidays but I wanted to get the basic structure in place so I had a place to tuck bits and pieces as I find them during the month.

* * *

Ortho appointment follow up:

Despite the discomfort in my right knee, the knee is not the culprit. 

The low back x-rays confirmed my leg pain (from thigh to ankle) is sciatica driven which I suspected but was afraid to believe was the cause since I know my knee is overdue for a replacement.  

Dr. F. has started me on a steroid pack and if things don't resolve fully, I'm to call him back with the logical next step being PT.  


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."
Maya Angelou

6 comments:

MissPat said...

As a retired librarian, I love that you are using library book cards and envelopes in your December journal. Relics of the past, bringing back memories of alphabetizing the cards as the end of the day. I'm glad you have a diagnosis for the knee pain and hope it will resolve itself soon.
Pat

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Sciatic causes all kinds of different pains. I have dealt with it off and on for many years, currently fairly pain free except for little flare ups.

Julierose said...

Oooh sciatica--I totally empathize as I went through that 2 years ago....no wonder you are in pain...mine was caused by a herniated disc evidently.
Good luck with the steroid meds...hoping they will ease your pain, QDJulie...
I found that icing 2-3 x's per day for no longer than 20min each time, really helped me a lot; that and R E S T....I still get some flare ups, but
[knock on wood!!] so far so good....I am now able to walk for 15-20 min most days but still working on getting my times longer...PT wasn't for me, but perhaps it will help yours out...
Really pretty pages in your journal...love the pockets
hugs and good thoughts, Julierose

Nancy said...

Your journal is so pretty! And that's a nice system for setting it up with the envelopes and library cards. I sympathize with the sciatica- that's very limiting and so painful when it flares up. Hope you get some relief!

Barbara Anne said...

What a delightful beginning to your festive holiday Journal! Love your use of old Christmas stamps and the library cards, too.

So sorry your knee continues to hurt but I'm guessing your sewing foot is your right one? You'll just have to pace yourself as unwelcome as that is. I've had to learn that due to the lupus fatigue and non-restful sleep I must deal with.

Happily, you can always read or do handwork when you are required to sit.

Wishing you well! Hugs!

Paulette said...

Oof, sciatica. Been there a time or two myself. Hope it resolves soon with the meds. I love seeing your clever journal pages! Very beautiful and creative!