Friday, November 3, 2023

Welcome November


Our October/Halloween decor has been packed away for another year and the November/Thanksgiving decor is in place.


This basket belonged to DH's mother - she used it for a wastebasket but we fill it with fairy lights, colorful leaf picks and an assortment of pumpkins.

The two wool mini pillows were made by a member of a long ago quilt group - she did such beautiful work.

And yes, there are a number of owls mixed in.


I especially like the colors of this ceramic set.


My grandfather's buffet in our dining room . . .


And a glimpse of our newly set-up but not yet fluffed or embellished Thanksgiving tree in the foyer, almost ready to brighten our evenings after the end of Daylight Savings Time on Sunday.

* * *

In the studio - my Garden of Collage journal is indeed completed (photos pending).

I've also finished hand stitching the first of twelve "pages" in my slow stitch journal.


And one evening I sat and stitched the stack of 3" blocks and then the rows for Smaragdine, our March dining room wall quilt.  

Open enrollment research is on the list for next week, along with a lot of other errands -- while I really want to spend my time getting started on the FMQ of Inglenook.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“It will all shake out. Meanwhile, I’m putting up more twinkle lights.”

Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan) in the movie You've Got Mail

6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh, love your decorations for November. You must have a good storage space Julie for all these. March dining room quilt - gorgeous, I love greens.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have been busy! Love the greens.

The Joyful Quilter said...

While your March wall hanging is going to be a lot of fun, I can totally see why you are ready to jump into the colors of Inglenook. It's looks like the perfect project for November, Julie. Happy quilting!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I feel all Thanksgivingly now. Love your decorations. I have a hand turned bowl of gourds and a few wall quilts, but nothing as lovely as yours. Love all the green fabrics you have sewn and laid out especially with all this November grayness.

Barbara Anne said...

Love your seasonal decor and the charm it adds to you lovely home!

In our living room, I have some of my Grandma Hall's furniture that we had reupholstered and a few beautiful wooden pieces that I love to polish, knowing my grandmother, my mother, and my aunt all polished them, too. Old growth wood is best, hence old furniture made from it is better!

Oh, the greens for March. Perfect!

Hugs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lovely Decorations!!!! So warm and homey!!!