The backing for Coddiwomple has been pieced and pressed.
I used the same fabric for binding.
I debated on a border but decided "no" since I love the top just the way it is.
This pin basted panel has been quilted and finished meaning Autumn Ridge is ready to hang on the dining room wall come October first.
(finished photos later)
Heart Throb, a wall quilt for February is noodle-rolled and ready for pin basting.
(also a panel, it won't take long once the opportunity to sit and FMQ presents itself)
And then there is January.
I had cut a LOT of grayed neutrals into 2.5" strips to make a couple of comfort quilts that didn't happen.
The strips have been reclaimed and will be used to make a new January kitchen table quilt named Brumous.
(more on that in another post)
The rest of the strips will be used to make January's dining room wall quilt.
Some of you may remember my quilt named Comfortable that inspired Jo of Jo's Country Junction to make her Brick House quilt (see this post). I'm going with a variation of Comfortable's process to make Gnomeville.
Why gnomes? Scroll through this post and you'll see how this all fits together.
Gnomeville's segments have been cut and pinned - ready for leader ender action.
My quilt ladder had to be temporarily moved from its spot in our home office.
It now resides between Max's tables and my pressing table. I like seeing it there so it may not go back to the office.
And since Little Man is with us until mid-month, I have his Gone Dotty quilt on my design wall.
I've made the binding (left) and hung the laundered backing fabric (to be pieced and pressed once I know how large the top finishes).
Border strips were cut per Little Man's previous instructions.
As time permits while he's here we'll work on this so he can, hopefully, take it home with him.
Needless to say you may not hear as much from me for a couple of weeks.
(this silly photo was taken during his first 'dress uniform day' as a first grader)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"That's what it takes to get what you want. Not big scary leaps once a year. It takes small, but irritating moves every single day."
Mel Robbins











12 comments:
I LOVE the silly photo of Little Man and you have to love his colorful bow tie:).
You choose the best fabrics to combine for your projects... of which there are many. But clearly you have a plan, so they all come together. Gone Dotty is looking good and I'm sure it will be welcomed when it gets home. And the quilt ladder is so handy and probably looks good wherever you place it.
He is TOO much!!! I love it!!
Gone dotty is looking good -
Heart Throb - that one sounds like a heart breaker haha!!
OMG, Julie! You got to love that picture of Little Man!!! He is QUITE a piece of work, isn't he? :o))
Such an interesting post and inspirational! I loved all the colors. Colors motivate me and elevate me. Little man is getting so big you will have to call him Medium Man soon. I had one grandson go to Kindergarten last week and one to high school this week. Holy cow, they grow so fast!!
That silly photo of little man is SO CUTE!!!
Love the backing fabric for Coddiwomple and the photo of Little Man is just too much. What a ham.
Pat
Silly boy! I just love, love Coddiwomple; it makes me want to get out my stash of Aboriginals! The autumn ridge panel is neat. Do you know if it is available anywhere?
I am so happy you decided on no border for Coddiwomple
And I love Little Man's photo
Whoa - you are one busy quilter at the moment!! I think you have a perfect backing there for Coddiwomple and looks so good for the binding too. Great panel for Autumn Ridge, so colourful.
Have fun with Little Man over the next couple of weeks, love his photo!!!
Love the bow-tie picture! What a personality. All of your projects look intriguing and awesome, though I'm a little surprised by the gray. Can't wait to see how that turns out. Hope you are having the best time with that adorable first grader.
Never a dull moment at your house. That Little Man is too, too cute. Your quilts and plans are inspiring and wonderful, each and every one.
Post a Comment