Friday, August 4, 2023

Rolodex Update


I've been plugging away with the backgrounds on the white Rolodex cards.  This is the red violet/lime green group.


This is the blue plus green group.  The greens look a tad yellow and the blues look rather gray in the photo - they're much more lively in person.


This is the turquoise plus yellow group.


The orange group.


The yellow group (oops, need to round the corners on these).


The pink plus green group.


The aqua/turquoise/teal group.


The pink plus aqua group.


The pink group.


And the cool neutrals group.

There are three more single color groups left to do - blue, green, and purple.

And honestly, I am SO ready to be done with phase of the project.  Like cutting a bazillion triangles for HSTs or cutting/piecing 1,000s of 1.5" squares together, it gets tedious after a while.

It will be a lot more fun when I can spend time adding collage to the cards before gluing them into pairs and putting those finished cards into the Rolodex (but that phase is going to wait until I FMQ a couple of the waiting tops and get those aboriginal HSTs up on the design wall).


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Repetition is the mother of learning and the father of action, which makes it the architect of accomplishment."
Zig Ziglar

6 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW you've done so many lovely backgrounds on your rolos;)))Mine have been languishing as I continue to destash and re-org...(my made up words--sorry!!)
I was able to machine quilt the vertical rows of my Blue Squares table topper yesterday and hope to finish the quilting today...
My back is tired from doing everything around here as DH is suffering from a badly pulled hamstring and is on ice, rest, and muscle relaxers...fun fun...
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

I used to do lots of backgrounds like these when I made Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) years ago. They were fun to make and trade. There used to be online swaps in Rubber Stamp Madness magazines and I received some wonderful ones. I don't know if that whole thing died out or not. I used to do color themes and then embellish and send. It worked well when I was teaching because I had little time to make anything.

Barbara Anne said...

Great backgrounds for good things to come! Might you choose one color group and begin the fun part on those now? That sounds reasonable to me and you're not in school with those teacher enforced limitations.

Hugs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are going to be great backgrounds tho!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, the mix of colour here is amazing! Love them all but favourites are the red violet/green, pink plus green, aqua/turquoise/teal and the pink plus aqua group.

Shelina said...

These are beautiful! Are you painting them, or are you gluing scrapbook paper to make the backgrounds?