DH, YS, and I took a road trip over the weekend.
The clouds were so beautiful.
Our destination was Discovery Park in Union City, TN.
Be sure to check out their history and some of the other links. It is indeed a fascinating place.
The grounds were full of gorgeous flowers and plants - I love this particular combination.
DH posed with the large (stationary) rocking horse.
We visited here in 2014 but there was so much new, especially on the grounds surrounding the main building.
The red building behind the greenery houses a large new agriculture-related exhibit featuring vintage (and new) tractors and farm equipment along with the story of farming in NW Tennessee.
This was one of the views from the top of the observation tower (12 stories high). DH and I walked the area shown during the morning hours (all new since our first visit).
Visitors can see up to 15 miles - including the borders of Kentucky and Missouri.
YS also got some great photos from the tower - he took off on his own and spent his time exploring the main building (three levels) much like we did on our first visit.
DH took a photo of me with the baby elephant sculpture.
Turned out there were twenty amazing wind-driven sculptures around the grounds (temporary exhibit featuring the work of one man) as well as lots of other permanent art installations.
Finally, the video below shows their rainbow windmill featuring the colors in the park's logo.
I've never seen one like it and loved checking it out it from many different vantage points around the park.
Enjoy!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Play is an essential tool for artists."
Col Mitchell







9 comments:
What a fun day! And so nice of you to share your discoveries with us 😀
Looks and sounds like a lovely day, Julie!
That looks like a great place - and those clouds - wow - they are just stunning. That is so cool how far you can see from the tower - I just love views like that! Glad you had a great time!
It's great to get away on a nice weather day. It looks like a fascinating place to visit. I love the windmill. We had one on our farm when I was small. We had the pump under it at the end of our sidewalk. I've never seen a rainbow colored one though.
What a great excursion!
Lovely place for sure. We have Reiman Gardens in Ames, they have a temporary exhibit each year and had the sculptures 5 years ago. They also have an annual quilt show so it is a whole day visit to go for the quilts and gardens. Always a great visit. They also have a butterfly house. Thanks for taking us with you.
Looks to be a fascinating place to take a visit and I love the rocking horse and elephant sculptures, perfect. You're obviously braver, and a better head for height than myself, what a view.
Sounds like a fascinating day out. I am especially taken with the idea of wind-driven sculptures.
What a delightful place to visit and how handy it's in driving distance of Memphis!
Love the quotation, too.
Hugs!
Post a Comment