It was beyond time to rein in some of the studio chaos including the riot of ideas rampaging through my head.
For Dumpster Diving 12 - Confetti, I die cut this bin of 1.5" strips from the messy stack of waiting scraps.
I assembled the back for Bon Mot so now that top, back, and binding are in the waiting to be quilted closet.
I also assembled the back for Rident so that top, back, and binding are also in the waiting to be quilted closet.
That meant the design wall beside my sewing machine was empty, so I moved the slabs for B.O.B. (brights on blacks).
Time to move this one to quilt top status.
Enough of the slabs are sewn to form the three columns but all this glorious goodness is leftover.
So in due time these strips will be sewn into slabs to make a set of six colorful placemats (which ironically was the original idea way back when).
(cue the "If you give a mouse a cookie" song)
I also spent some time on the February placemats, quilting free motion liberated straight-ish lines using Glide thread in Lead.
Three of them are quilted and bound and now in use on our table.
The other three are ready and waiting for their turn with Max.
* * *
Elder son, his wife, and Little Man have all been at home this week with Covid.
They were here on Super Bowl Sunday, before they knew they were sick, so we have faithfully worn our masks whenever we've been out this week.
So far none of us are showing any signs but we'll test (again) over the weekend.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up."
Ann Bradford






8 comments:
They say the Covid numbers are way down but I have heard of so many that have had it recently.
It sounds like you have gotten a lot done for final prep of some quilts. I love the red/black/white fabric with the striped binding.
Hope the extended family is well soon and that you and your husband escape the germs! The brights make the blacks sparkle (rather than brood).
You continue to astonish me with (a) productivity and (b) organization and (c) design. Wow! I'm sorry your family has Covid and hope you'll be spared. Truth be told, when we had it, it was less impressive than most head colds we've had; it just tested positive for a long time.
Your sewing projects are always a colorful feast for the eyes! I hope you stay well and that your son's family recovers quickly.
What a bright post, an absolute beauty for today (even without a quilt finish!) We are gray, windy, and rainy, so this fed my sould today. Hope that Covid is kicked out of your family for good this time, and as soon as possible!
Thanks for a post full of gorgeousness, Julie!! What a colorful way to start my day. :o))
Your BOB slabs are glorious as are your February placemats. Isn't it fun to change quilts and quilted things for seasons, months, and holidays?
Wishing your older son and his family well. I, too, have heard of so many with covid or a variant thereof so we still wear masks when out and about. I have a compromised immune system so never stopped wearing a mask.
Hugs!
Wow - you have been busy!!! love the riots of color in this post!
Post a Comment