The surprise birthday quilt and runner for our DIL was gifted on Sunday - she loves them!
The second birthday quilt and runner (also a surprise) are waiting to be packed for shipment to my sister in Michigan.
The runners each measure 12" x 44"
DIL plans to use hers as a table runner.
I'm guessing my sister will use hers on the countertop near their table.
Chase had to get involved by checking each of the white quilts for any post-FMQ stray threads.
The quilts and runners were all bound with the same "Rollicking Robots" fabric.
DIL's quilt was backed with the same fabric used for the hanging sleeve.
My sister's quilt was backed and sleeved with this fun print.
(both of the wall quilts measure 24" wide x 44" long)
I just love the quilted texture . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"May the joy of simple things color the canvas of your soul."
Mary Davis







5 comments:
Fun birthday surprise(s), Julie!!
These happy Celebration! quilts will be treasured for many, many, many birthdays to come. Sweet!
Hugs!
So very fun! They can be used year after year!
Great birthday celebration pieces! I got such a chuckle over the squirrel's name. A whole bunch of squirrels got let out here- someone gave me bags of scraps, making scrap block samples, and sketches of blocks. Yikes.
THose are so fun!! I am sure they are loved!!!!
Post a Comment