B.O.B. (brights on black) is a flimsy.
Currently 53" wide x 75" long.
I'm completely delighted with this - and it will go so well with its already-prepared scrappy brights on black backing (click here).
Detail of the fabrics.
Another detail shot.
And this roll of 2.5" strips is all that is left of the fabric used for sashing and border strips - Birds of a Feather (Alexander Henry 2007) previously used as backing for DD 11 - Mischief Maker and Feisty.
The stack of fifty pairs of leftover strips are now pressed and ready to be sorted into six groups to make the placemats that were the original idea back in 2021.
That plan was interrupted by Razzle Dazzle in 2022 (the pieces for which are still pinned to my second design wall).
So here we are in 2023 . . .
Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, I have temporarily moved Max's extra table so I can more easily work on the mini test journal where I've started to experiment with the different papers, glues, and other assorted stuff that I want to use in my 100 Days Challenge junk journals.
I did the covers on the Maker mini journal last night using scrapbook paper and a sticker.
Next I'll experiment with fabric scraps and a few other kinds of papers on another 2-3 pages in the little sketchbook.
I'm not going to get into using paints like so many of the art/junk journal folks do. I don't have any paint or brushes on hand and I really don't want to add to my assortment of stuff.
The other books shown are out to remind me that I can "BE YOU NOT THEM" and have fun with this project without getting overly stressed about perfection.
* * *
Tomorrow I have a hair cut in the morning and a board meeting to attend (as Secretary) in the afternoon. I also want to get my Crumb Box Diamonds up on the now-empty design wall so I can move them forward. One thing at a time . . .
Quiltdivajulie
------------------------------
"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun."
Mary Lou Cook







8 comments:
That is some unique quilt! I used to do book making/journals way back when I was teaching as I had a lot of junk. I would have the kids do it at school. I gave it up when I hit quilting full time because I needed the space and journals kept piling up. Quilts, I give away. I saved some stuff to make cards which I do regularly. I find cutting up fabric bits and sewing them together more satisfying which is a good thing since I make scrap quilts.
Both sides of that quilt are fun!
This is certainly a bright and happy quilt!For some reason, when I look at the first two pictures I see ruffles, and I wondered why you would make a ruffled quilt. Of course, that was cleared up by the next two pictures. Have fun with your journal project!
Not sure if it’s intentional, but you’ve created a wonderful 3D optical illusion, because when I first saw the photos I thought you had sewn in a few ‘fringes’ that look like they are moving. Very clever.
Actually, looking at it again, each column of strips looks like it is popping outwards from the background fabric. If it’s accidental, what a wonderful bonus!
i agree that the columns pop outward. Such a neat effect. Congrats on a delightful top and hopefully, it will be finished soon so we can see it again.
Wait, WHAT?!?! Your 100-Day Project is junk journaling??? Have fun with that, Julie! I fell down the art/junk journal rabbit hole last Spring. LOVE it!!
Bob I amazing!!!
Post a Comment