Thursday, January 12, 2023

Concatenation - the Quilt


Concatenation is now finished and has been gifted to younger son.


At the last minute we both decided the planned binding no longer worked so he chose this one instead.  

Wise decision.


Quilted with oversized liberated orange peels using Glide thread in Persian.


The pieced backing turned out beautifully - including the red violet strip added to the bottom.

Finished size is 55" x 71"


The finished quilt is soft and light and is already on top of his bed.


It was very (!) windy outdoors so I took two more photos indoors where the quilt was not (a) plastered against the fence, or (b) being blown away by the wind.


Concatenation was created as part of the January 2022 AHIQ Color Palette Challenge.

I am delighted with the results, despite the long and winding road to reach this destination.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"How difficult it is to be simple."
Vincent Van Gogh

13 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

It turned out beautifully, Julie.

Julierose said...

It really turned out so well--I love the quilting on it...
Lately, all my projects seem to be on a "long and winding road" to the finish...I really have to push to get them all done--seems like a loooong process lately. Maybe these dark gray and rainy days are having their way with me!! ;000 hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another lovely quilt finish (and what a lucky son you have!) Liberated Orange Peel quilting? They look pretty perfect to me, Julie. You haven't seen liberated orange peels until you see the ones I try to quilt! :P

Chase Klop said...

Live this quilt! Those colors are my favorites! I’m especially in love with those huge clips! They are awesome!!

Kaja said...

Fantastic colours and I love the new binding choice. If you hadn't mentioned it, I don't think I would have realised the backing was pieced.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Another finish! I'm sure younger son is smiling!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

So pretty - I just love the scrappy blues. That quilting enhances the piecing perfectly.

Barbara Anne said...

What a glorious quilt and those blues are so wonderfully saturated and rich! Your son is surely delighted that this quilt is his!
It just shows that a dynamic quilt's construction doesn't have to be complex. Sometimes, it is all in your fabric choices! Applause!!

Hugs!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love it, it's so cool and soothing. I'm sure that your son treasures this gift!

Vicki W said...

Oh, I love a scrappy double 4-patch!

Mystic Quilter said...

You're off to a great start this year Julie. Lovely colour in this quilt and I'm sure your younger son will be enjoying snuggling under it. You mention that the quilt is very soft and light, wool or cotton batting?

Shelina said...

Love the fabrics you used in this quilt. The pretty colors and jazzy fabric add so much interest to the quilt, and I love the name. I learn new vocabulary words from your quilt names. I have been collecting words for future quilts.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Super colours, love the contrast between all the rich blues and the little grey squares. And the larger scale of liberated orange peel quilting is so effective.