Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Raconteur - Ready for FMQ


At long last, Raconteur has been pin basted. 

(the tape dispenser serves as a weight to prevent the pool noodles from rolling down the slanted drafting table top)


It didn't take all that long so I wonder why I procrastinated for so long!


I will quilt it using Glide thread in Yellow Whisper.


And I will use my liberated orange peels like I did on my sister's 2019 quilt named Tranquility.

* * *

There has been a lot of other stirring, pondering, shifting, and decision making happening in the background.  More on that in the coming days . . .


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"If I waited until I had my ducks in a row, I'd never get across the street.  Sometimes you just have to gather up what you've got and make a run for it."
Judge Lynn Toler

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am not sure why some things build up causing procrastination especially when they are not as cumbersome as one thinks. Hope you are getting stronger and making progress on what had to be delayed.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That is a neat system you have to get those pin basted. Will you be quilting on a regular sewing machine?

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice finish and Orange Peel quilting will be perfect, loved the effect on your sister's quilt. Superb quote by the way!

Kaja said...

I like the quilting plans and well done for getting over the hurdle of basting. Some day I think I would like to make a quilt with little yellow spots, inspired by your pins.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy quilting, Julie!!

audrey said...

What a lovely finish! I like the subtle colors in this particular quilt. So soothing.:) And your stirring, pondering, shifting and decision making in the background sounds so familiar! I feel like I am doing the same thing. Making progress on all the important stuff in the background finally!