Friday, November 4, 2022

A Back for B.O.B.


After cutting strips for the abandoned brights on black placemats that became Razzle-Dazzle (still a work in progress - see label at end of post), I had these strips left over.

I have long planned to turn them into a quilt top known as B.O.B. (brights on black).


So when I was cleaning up bits and pieces in the design studio, I had grouped all of these together to put into the brights on black resource box.

But then . . . 


I wondered if there might be enough pieces to turn into a scrappy back for B.O.B. ??


With what is on the design wall and the other pieces laying on the sewing table plus a handful of 2.5" strips from the leftover bindings drawer, I do believe there is a scrappy back lurking.

I'll trim things into 2.5" and 4.5" an 6.5" widths to be sewn together end to end and then reassess.

(all this while I should have been working on other things, mind you)


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Nann said...

I hadn't thought of bright-on-black as a theme, but they're well-represented in my stash. I predict a great quilt will come from them.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you do continue on and made up the backing, beautiful mix of fabrics in there.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think it would make a wonderful top by itself. Just saying.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sometimes our brains require a different sort of exercise than we had planned. Happy sewing, Julie!

smithcindyk said...

That will be one gorgeous quilt backing!