Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Major Improvement


This is the only "before" photo that I will share of the attic space beside my sewing room.  This is far end of the space AFTER I had emptied all of the randomly stacked, stuffed, and piled seasonal decor into my studio.


After I told DH about my plan to re-evaluate the contents and edit/rearrange to make better use of the space, he disappeared for a while. . . 

He shifted the remaining items and set up the much-too-heavy tables in that end space and wondered why I was so excited when he showed me what he had done.


After almost two days of effort, here's a look at the updated space.  

This is what you see when you first step into the attic from my "waiting to be quilted" closet.


Here's a look down the length of the space.

Note:  The black and yellow boxes will be emptied now that I have another set of the clear totes.  And since DH uses the larger ones in his shop attic they will go directly to a good new home.

(and yes, I did set aside some stuff to donate AND I threw quite a few things away during the editing process)


What makes me the happiest though is this VASTLY improved space/method for storing the seasonal flowers.  

SO, SO, SO much better!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------

P.S. And for those who wondered, Mommy and Miss P (my sister's sixth grandchild) are home and doing well, and Big Brother is in love with his new little sister.  

Their three"hugs in a box" (the quilts) will be delivered on Thursday.  

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Clear totes are the best! What a great use of space! Hope this makes putting things away and keeping clutter at bay are easier. Does this mean you are a grandma again? I must have missed some clue.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's so nice to have a storage space organized and it looks like you have good lighting in there too. Also nice to have a hubby that will help with the heavy stuff.

Sally Langston Warren said...

Is Little Man the big brother??

Ann said...

I was delighted when I switched to clear boxes. And isn't it great to have a walk in attic.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Oh, how I envy your storage space! Here in AZ we can't use the attic, too hot and access is thru a trapdoor in the closet ceiling. It's so nice to have a handy husband - he's so good to you to totally build you a new sewing table. He's a keeper!