All sixty-three plates are empty now which means all of the blocks are made.
YES!
They are also trimmed and squared to 8.5 inches.
After a bit of tinkering, this is the final layout.
My first attempts were based on the diagonal color run of the four patches but as I stood back and pondered, it became obvious that the larger squares were drawing my eye more (especially when they were chaotic).
So I took everything down and started again.
If you double click to supersize the photos, you should be able to see more detail of the scrappy fabrics.
And now the blocks are clipped and ready to web together sometime this week (if all goes as planned).
* * *
This AHIQ challenge project was named Concatenation early in the process.
As time as passed, the word's definition has held true in so many ways . . . "a series of interconnected or interdependent things or events."
I'm elated to see the many bits and pieces finally coming together.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“We can talk ourselves out of nearly anything using logic, yet logic rarely produces magic. Do the scary thing that’s been resurfacing again and again. The thing that won’t let you run from the ache of what might unfold. The call of what could actually be. Ditch the waiting. Be lit aflame by the magnetic pull of possibility.”
Victoria Erickson




13 comments:
Beautiful colours!
I love this quilt, Julie! Such a great variety of jewel tone fabrics arranged so beautifully! And the simplicity of the little grey pieces provide a good resting place for the eye. Thanks for sharing your wonderful process.
oooh those are so beautiful...a perfect seaside quilt with those lovely blues!
Such lovely blocks - thats a great color scheme!
Oh, yeah!
I really like this blue/green piece--what a lovely array of fabrics in it!! Nice work hugs, Julierose
A beautiful dip in the pool. Refreshing!
It's a beauty! I hope younger son still wants it.
Magnificent and joyful!!
Hugs!
Perfection!
It’s absolutely beautiful!
Blue and white are always a favorite. Love the diagonals.
The final layout is stunning - love those blues and aquas!
Post a Comment