Two more rows of Kefi's blocks have been sewn - the darker greens and the blue greens.
Here is a view of all the colors - only four more rows of blocks to finish.
Since the blocks are laid out on their sides on the wall, I rotated that last photo to show ("more or less") how the actual layout of the quilt top will look.
The row of blue blocks is read to piece, press, and trim. I have found that if I can prep the next row before I leave the studio, it is so nice to walk back in and just sit down and sew.
I cut a few more triangles from the slabs for Razzle-Dazzle. And after looking at the sideways layout for Kefi as I sit and sew, I have decided that R-D will be laid out like this.
Nine columns by eleven rows - one triangle at a time.
And now that I see the triangles laid out like this, I am seriously rethinking my idea for the side pieces, which is why I didn't share it earlier. I figured it would change and it already is (grin).
(reminder - I am using Lynne's Scrap Slab Triangles tutorial for these projects. There's a permanent link in my side bar to her Etsy shop)
And . . . each time I have pressed a row of blocks for Kefi or a set of slabs for R-D, I have pressed a handful of the HSTs for Flaneur.
I'm delighted to report that ALL of them are now pressed and ready for layout, when the time comes.
* * *
Tomorrow marks the fifteenth anniversary for my blog, with over 2,800 posts and 25,000 comments along the way.
I am so grateful to all of you for being part of this journey!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Imagination is the true magic carpet.”
Norman Vincent Peale






11 comments:
Cheers! 15 years is amazing and what a great record of your creativity you have along with the community of bloggers/readers. I’ve especially enjoyed following the addition of little man to your family. Goes to show you never know what life brings our way.
Congratulations on your 15 year blog anniversary! Love your Kefi quilt ! Well, I love all of your quilts and their spectacular names!
LOVE the colors!!
The dark one is going to be dramatic!!!
The scrap slab quilts are graphic and gorgeous. Congratulations on your 15th year. I started following in Fall 2011 after finding Wanda's blog and then directed to yours. I am so grateful for all these years you have consistently and graciously kept going. I have learned so much from you and treasure the words we have shared. As well as fabric. And real quilts. Thank you for your hard work and persistence!
The backing fabrics for Kefi remind me of confetti from a distance. They blend so well and provide great visual interest. As I was looking at Kefi on its side, I thought, I kinda like the layout that way. And then you decide to make Razzle Dazzle vertically. Brilliant! I love the creativity this pattern provides. Can't wait to see what's next!
Happy, happy Blogiversary! So glad you have continued sharing your quilting journey with us! Love the process based posts.:)
Thanks for sticking with your blog for 15 years. I think we have another anniversary coming up this year, that you and your hubby stopped at my house 10 years ago on your way back home. How time flies!!
Congratulations on reaching the 15th anniversary of your blog! I first began blogging in 2013 after finding first Wanda and then yours, I was overwhelmed with the colour in both blogs, the rest is history! It has been such a pleasure over the years reading of your adventures in fabric and in life, thank you so very much! On quilting I love how you're using light patterned floral fabrics dividing the triangles, I must get a hold of the tutorial from Lynne.
You're managing to keep all of your ongoing masterpieces under control with expertise. I'm impressed, as always! Love the names!
I'm so grateful that we had the opportunity to become cyber friends through our blogs. I have fallen way down on comments and commenting but the color and the quotes in your blog posts always lift my spirits.
I love the way the triangles play with the paler colours - it's very effective. 15 years is a huge achievement - congratulations!
Post a Comment