Friday, June 24, 2022

La Colcha and Kefi Move Forward



I have spent the past two days unpacking the boxes that I shipped home from NH.  Everything is now clean and put away (hooray!).

Thursday's "big rock" was to get Little Man's quilt pin basted.  

This photo was taken before I finished but the quilt sandwich is now ready for Max and lots of FMQ.



As my reward, I started playing with my scrap slab triangles.

I had considered several ideas but in the end I decided to make my first scrap slab triangle quilt (Kefi) as a ROYGBIV row quilt.  The triangles shown are mostly "placeholders" until I have time to get serious.

You can get Lynne's tutorial HERE.


After playing a bit more, my layout will be eleven rows by nine blocks wide (54" x 66"):

Red
Red-Orange
Yellow-Orange
Yellow
Yellow-Green
Green
Blue-Green
Blue
Blue-Violet
Red-Violet
Pink

But first I need to get La Colcha quilted and finished . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“. . . Leave us some magic in the world. Leave us some mystery to enjoy.”
Stuart Hill

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh Oh Oh!!!! THis triangle one.... that is going to be SOOO cool!!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, you certainly have a couple of big projects going on. Good everything is all put away with clear decks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy quilting, Julie! Reward for chores? Working triangles in ROYGBIV sounds like a good plan to me.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice start with the slab triangles, wondering what you will go with for the separation strips.

Bernie Kringel said...

Hi Julie - Just caught up with you, reading backwards for many posts!! Your trip looks like it was so much fun. As always, I love your projects too. Have to say, you are very neat and orderly with your pin basting. I suspect this helps you attain great results with the quilting. I need to take a lesson here! Smitten is such a great quilt. Nice to have finished it, right?? Love catching up with your adventures and projects.
Take care.