I'm not sure how time flew so fast
but it is time for February home decor.
These framed pieces are Valentine cards
made by Linda S. of Art in Search.
I just love them.
I mentioned a while back that Little Man is staying with us.
Originally his visit was to last while
Mommy and Daddy took a long-ago planned vacation.
Unfortunately they were exposed to COVID
during the last two days of their trip so
we offered to keep Little Man for a few more days
until they could have a PCR test done locally.
(they had been tested daily on their trip)
DIL's test results are back - positive.
Elder son's results are pending but he is quarantining
as if his test results were positive.
So, Little Man will be with us for several more days.
More puzzles to build,
more Lego to play with,
more Jenga, checkers, Sorry,
Sudoku, Connect Four, and Uno,
lots more books to read aloud,
more commutes to/from preschool
(assuming the many, many power outages
and downed trees from Thursday's ice storm
allow schools to re-open next week)
more time to watch/re-watch LUCA and ENCANTO,
(his current favorite movies)
and more time to enjoy the magic of a five-year-old.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Carry the magic with you.”
Mary Poppins
13 comments:
So sorry to hear of the positive test results.
Glad Little Man can feel safe and loved at your house until all is well.
What caring grandparents you are! Our grandson will be 5 next week. He loves to build with Magnatiles.
The magic of a 5 year old. Just love that age. Love all those toys except when I step on a lego block in my socks. One grandson is 11 and is getting harder to keep him around. The 3 yr. old is so much fun, but he lives 3 hours away. Your Valentine display is inspiring. Half the cards for this year are done- I send out around 68. Still cranking.
I know your son and DIL are relieved their son is in the best care while they recuperate. Did your grandson design a new quilt? Has he enjoyed his Dr Seuss quilt during this visit? I love that crane/scooper Lego piece. That wasn’t around when my children were young. I wonder what other new, neat things Lego has added. And did you ever get your refund for the vacuum cleaner?
Your family is so lucky to have you and to know that they don't have to worry about Little Man getting sick. I hope they recover soon, and that you enjoy your extended time with your grandson. What great Lego creations! I love the clear blocks, and your Valentine hearts at the top, too.
Ugh! Sorry to hear that Little Man's parents ended their vacation with a Covid-bomb, Julie. :o((
Oh do enjoy your time with him--what a treat for you;)))
hugs, Julierose
I bet you wish you could soak up some of little man's energy.
Bonus days with your grandson may disrupt your schedule, but oh, what memories you will make. Looks like he keeps you very busy. I hope your son and daughter recover quickly.
Pat
I hope they stay symptom free and get a negative test soon. Little kids take a lot of energy, especially when you feel like you are almost done.
Great example of making lemonade when you get lemons. Enjoy making memories!
Sorry for your kids and hope its mild and over quick
but!! YAY for more time with Little Man!!!!!
The magic of a five-year-old is awesome. So nice to have you on hand to help out. He's a cutie!
Post a Comment