Saturday, January 29, 2022

Dulcet - the Quilt



Dulcet is finished.

(meaning "extremely pleasant in a gentle way")

I absolutely love using it in the recliner
during these chilly January evenings.




Here's a view of the giant four-patch back.

Quilted with Glide thread in Basil
using my liberated all over spiral fans.

The texture is really wonderful.




I used the trimmings from the oversize backing
to piece a two-fabric scrappy binding.

I couldn't be happier with the way Dulcet turned out.

54” x 62”



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“It’s a very hard thing for all of us to accept ourselves at all the different stages – the horrible side, the wonderful side, the adorable side – and who you are as a grownup. And then to bring what you learned as a child to that grownup: that is the magic of creativity.”
Ellen Greene

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh my, I love the softness of Dulcet!

Ginger Marien said...

I love your Dulcet pattern and hoping you will share the pattern?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love love
my favorite colors in the world

Carol R. said...

Absolutely LOVE it!! It looks so cozy and warm.

Carol R. said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It looks so warm and cozy :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

So pretty!

Mari said...

Looks so cozy, Julie, perfect for January evenings. And the colors are great, so nice and soft. Great finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

So glad you are enjoying that soft and cozy new quilt, Julie!

sue s said...

So soft-looking! I have the darker/brighter collection of these for next winter.

Mary Ellen said...

Very cozy looking. I like all the plaids. Very soft colors.