Monday, November 29, 2021

Merry and Bright - December Kitchen Table Quilt



Two years after this project began,
Merry and Bright, the twelfth of twelve monthly 
kitchen table quilts is finished and ready for use.

(you can read about the series HERE)




Finished size is 65" x 65"




You can read the flimsy's reveal post here
which includes a link to the free download
I used to design this quilt's top.




I took this photo outdoors before the quilt was laundered.




I am SO glad I went ahead and changed 
to this whole cloth backing.

And I do love the striped binding.

(not my usual Michael Miller Clown Stripe but a version
that is a bit narrower - maker unknown)




Quilted with liberated triple echoed orange peels
using Glide in German Granit.

* * *

Now back to packing away the autumn decor
and unpacking our Christmas things . . . 




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy—but mysterious. But above all, black says this: I don’t bother you—don’t bother me.”
Yohji Yamamoto

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a lovely December quilt--the quilting is beautiful on it too...
We had a few snow flurries yesterday--no accumulation, just some gently falling falkes...I guess winter is here...hugs from beneath my puffy coat ;D Julierose

Vicki in MN said...

Oh that backing fabric is so cool looking, and you just can't beat stripe binding!

MissPat said...

I love that backing fabric. I recently found the Michael Miller clown stripe at my LQS as well as one called 'Little Stripe", also by Michael Miller which looks just like the binding you used here.
Pat

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Next year, no deadline to finish, just pull out and enjoy each month. What fun that will be.

Mari said...

Perfect for the whole season, and festive without being kitschy. I love it! Enjoy the happy season!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing the final Kitchen Quilt, Julie!! Will you be capturing a family portrait? Hmm... I guess they are too big for that. Maybe just a Kitchen Quilt quilt stack. :o))

Mystic Quilter said...

Another lovely Kitchen Table quilt - I thought right at the start of your series what a treat to have a different cover each month. I could see our dining table with a monthly cloth but as it measures 80" x 38" I will pass on that idea!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhhh That quilting is awesome!