Friday, October 1, 2021

Trick or Treat - October's Kitchen Table Quilt




Trick or Treat will be on our kitchen table this month.

It measures 63" x 63"

(in case you missed v1 of this quilt's top,
click HERE and read how it failed yet became v2)




This is the scrappy back anchored by this seasonal panel.

Quilted with liberated all-over fans
using Glide thread in Burnt Orange.




Back flipped to front.



Front flipped to back.


I am SO glad I bought this deep-toned Jason Yenter print 
even though I had no particular purpose in mind because
it turned out to be perfect as T or T's sashing and border.

* * *

You can see photos of all our kitchen table quilts
including links to their reveal posts HERE.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Orange is the happiest color.”
Frank Sinatra

12 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh, I love it!!!!!!!!!!! perfect color combination. That sashing really brought out the fabrics. And the back was a double play! Two for one! Great job!

Julierose said...

Perfect tablecloth for October--I love Jason Yenter prints...that one works out just right ;)))hugs, Julierose

Ellie said...

Beautiful! I love it, both front and back. You inspire me to dive into my extensive scrap bins and use it up!

Judy in Michigan said...

Love the orange and deep purples together. Bravo!!!

MissPat said...

V2 is so much more striking than V1. It takes courage to cut up a finished top, but in this case, it was the perfect answer to a quilt that didn't meet your expectations.
Pat

Mari said...

So pretty, Julie, and perfect for October. Better than snowflakes! :)

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love it! So rich and vibrant. The colors are perfect for October.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE it!!! Congrats on finishing it just in time for pumpkin season, Julie. Enjoy!

Ann said...

Another darling quilt. Using them as monthly tablecloths is a brilliant idea. So fun to have them clase at hand.

Vicki W said...

So pretty and perfect for October!

Kaja said...

Great photos of this one! I still love the tablecloth idea and this is the perfect quilt for this time of year.

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect for Autumn!