Monday, May 3, 2021

Frabjous - Kitchen Table Quilt for May




I finished Frabjous last November
but with May's arrival it was finally time
for its outdoor photo shoot before the start of
this quilt's month of use on our kitchen table.




My 2020 series of monthly kitchen table quilts
was, like so very many things in this world,
interrupted by the COVID pandemic
causing our younger son's move home and the
weeks and weeks of renovations for his new living space.

But as of this month, the kitchen table quilt project 
is back on track for the remainder of 2021.

That means seven more quilts, all of which are in
various WIP stages - two are cut out/ ready to sew, 
one has its  blocks pieced/ready to web the top, 
and three others are waiting to be quilted.




You can read about the beginnings of Frabjous HERE.

I'm so glad things evolved the way they did.




Back flipped to the front.




Front flipped to the back.




One last outdoor look.




And finally, indoors looking out.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I myself am quite absorbed by the delicate yellow, delicate soft green, delicate violet of a ploughed and weeded piece of soil.”
Vincent Van Gogh

14 comments:

Preeti said...

A perfect spring quilt :-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting some outdoor photos, Julie! Best of luck on finishing the final seven quilts in the series.

Julierose said...

Such a pretty piece ;)) (what do you use for batting? A thinner one??)
I think they are such a great idea to have on hand for each month...
hugs, Julierose

Bambi Pearson said...

It's beautiful Julie. Are those all 30's ptints?

sue s said...

It's very pretty and spring-like, but I just don't think I could use them outside. We have a very lively bird and squirrel/chipmunk population that I cannot trust to leave a quilt alone, much less to foul with their leavings! But I'm glad it works for you, because we get to see them all in lovely settings!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Really pretty. I like it in all its poses!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The quilt colors are perfect for this time of the year. Our danger of frost date is still a week away, so no planting of all my outdoor pots or buying plants yet. Yours look fabulous.

Judy in Michigan said...

What a pretty and happy quilt! The view from your dining table is fabulous. Such a wonderful garden.

Mari said...

I just want to sigh over that final photo. It looks so peaceful and calming. And very springlike, too! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

I loved your genius idea of a different tablecloth for each month of year, always a joy to see the ones for each month, perfect happy quilt for May.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is just perfect!! It screams spring and happy and tea parties!!!

Kaja said...

Nice to see you are able to get back to these. It's an excellent way to make the passing of the months.

Monica said...

I love these kitchen table quilts. They're so grounded,somehow. Quilts for life!

audrey said...

This is such a sweet looking quilt! Your border fabric just makes me smile, it's SO perfect!:)