Frabjous is the name of our next Kitchen Table Quilt.
This was the August 2019 fabric pull.
January 2020 during the cutting out process.
A couple of weeks ago
the squares were finally put up on the design wall.
The original idea had lost its appeal and
the colors were too much like those in Awaken.
What to do instead?!?
I had started cutting out these fabrics
to piece a top from the Wintersweet pattern
but the effort had become seriously stalled.
Hmmmmm
I could repurpose those already-cut squares . . .
In short order they were sewn into four patches.
The four patches were then laid out on the design wall.
Random scrappy didn't work at all
so I opted for this scrappy diagonal arrangement.
After rotating the errant pink block on the top row,
I clipped the blocks to web into a quilt top.
For now they're in the formerly empty tray
at the bottom of my work-in-progress cart.
(the cart is also a temporary home
for Bella's slabs and strips-to-become-slabs
along with three more placemats for Meals on Wheels)
You'll see more of Frabjous in the not-so-distant future.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Your mind doesn’t always know what it’s talking about. Sometimes it’s better to listen to your heart.”
Elle Sommer









11 comments:
I like that diagonal arrangement a lot--the pops of yellows/golds really makes the colors sing out...nice work
~ ~ ~ ~ waving in the "wet stuff" again Julierose
While I like the squares on the design wall SEW much, you are right about the colors being much like Awaken. This new thing you've got going on will be pretty, too!
Wow, what a difference! Nice work.
Some of those yellow blocks looked like they were facing the other direction as well...This is really pretty with the strong color diagonals!
Those blues are beautiful. Reminds me of the sky on a summer's day that starts out sunny and storms at the end. Oh, also at the beach when this occurs.
definitely a perfect beginning-of-spring table topper!
What a fun name for a fun project!
That was an incredible turn of direction! The quilt looks very full of spring promises.
Smashing idea to repurpose those squares! Love the four-patch on the diagonal, a really bright and fresh looking kitchen table quilt.
Looks kind of vintage 70s! And that's a good thing!
Love your 4-patch progress, as well as that lovely cart with all those places for fabric goodies. I can just imagine a kitty squeezing into any of those and having a lovely snooze!
Post a Comment