Monday, February 3, 2020

Awaken - February Kitchen Table Quilt



Awaken - February's kitchen table quilt -
is finished and already in use.

(photographed here on our back yard patio table)




This is the Tula Pink backing.

It has been in the stash for several years
and I'm happy that it finally found its intended quilt.




The top measured 63" x 63" after quilting.




Another look at the back
and our very khaki grass.




Binding - Brandon Mably's wrinkle

I'm so happy to finally have found a way to use it.




Quilted with unevenly spaced lines in Glide Aquamarine thread
across each pair of rectangles using the pink inserts 
to guide the lines' back and forth direction 
without quilting over any of inserts.

Wonderful texture!

* * *

March's kitchen table quilt has been in process
for a while now what with cutting and making the strip sets
so they could be sub-cut and grouped by fours.

Bonheur (which means 'happiness')
promises to be another fun one.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Leaders who don’t listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.”

Andy Stanley

22 comments:

Pip said...

I love the colours in this quilt, that binding is perfect for it, it looks like a lovely random stripe.

Pamela Arbour said...

It's beautiful. You sure whipped that up quick! Looks nice with your khaki grass. LOL

Lesley Gilbert said...

The pop of pink strips does it for me - beautiful and if needed a quilt in emergency.

The Joyful Quilter said...

When added, I wasn't sure about the pink strips. With the quilt complete, they add light to that sea of blue and green. Well done, Julie!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

So pretty! And JUST what February needs.

Julierose said...

Beautiful finish on this one--a real February "pick-me-up" for your table..hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its perfect!!!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love it!

LA Paylor said...

well I just love this. The bit of repeating interrupting color gives it life.

O'Quilts said...

This is a brilliant idea...I am going to do it too....someday xo

Cathy said...

Looks like the colors used on front were inspired by the backing. Which came first?? I would have a tough time deciding which side is up for the table. Congrats on the yummy, delicious finish. Looking forward to next month's table covering.

Janie said...

Super lovely finish for February!
All the components fit together so well.

Robin said...

What a pretty quilt. You ought to make an appropriate feast to celebrate it's use.

Mari said...

So beautiful, Julie. What a great table cover to see in the kitchen every morning. Start the day happy!

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean said...

I love it Julie! In my previous comment, I asked what type of batting you used. Then I remembered to search back and found it on your earlier post. Silly me!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful job, Julie. Love the way the pink works. Kind of makes me thing of big hair barrettes scattered on a painting. I am sure you will love using it.

Barb said...

Just fabulous

Ann said...

A lovely way to gather with family. The basic block reminds me of one Timna Tarr is working on. Guess she admired yours, too. ;-)

MissPat said...

Both the backing and binding are perfect as if you planned it that way.
Pat

Kaja said...

I really like the way all your pink strips dance across this top.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful finish and you really could not have found a better backing fabric.