Drama Queen has achieved quilt top status.
51" wide x 70" long
For those who have asked
how I keep the top from getting caught
while webbing the top together -
I use this narrow folding table
to help keep the overflow
nearly level with the main surface.

This top absolutely makes my soul sing.
And to think Drama Queen wasn't
even on the radar eight weeks ago.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Of all the hues, reds have the most potency. If there is one electric blue, a dozen reds are so charged. Use them to punctuate white, burn into bronzes, or dynamite black.”
Jack Lenor Larsen




17 comments:
Perfect quote for Drama Queen :) it is wonderful and one of those quilts that gets better the closer you get to it….picture of whole quilt, looks wonderful, close up picture, absolutely stunning.
It's amazing how much energy we have for a project when inspiration strikes. We can't get it done quickly enough then. This one IS a true Drama Queen!
KA-POW colors in the Drama Queen--very striking..nice work hugs, Julierose
Eye popping! That’s all I can say about Drama Queen. A real stunner. The quote is perfect for this top.
Congrats on getting Drama Queen sewn into a quilt top, Julie. She's quite stunning!
I bet that beauty is so much prettier in person too. Photos rarely capture the full intensity.
Wow, that is a Drama Queen! Spectacular!
"Not even on the radar screen" -- but when a Drama Queen comes knocking, you'd better let her in! (Or out, as the case may be.)
Definitely a Drama Queen - she is stunning!
It is wonderful!
What a wonderful assemblage of colors and textures. The black based prints just sing next to the reds/oranges. It holds all together and the design keeps the busyness from bursting distractions.
Outstanding!! this one makes my heart sing. thanks for sharing. patti in florida
Wow!!! LOOK at this!!! so spectacular :)
Wow, I knew this quilt would really be something. The colors are amazing, and so unusual for a quilt. You've knocked it outta the ball park on this one!
Oh, I like this one! It seems like it is alive and moving. If I look at it for awhile sometimes the red moves to the front and sometimes the black does.
I have a card table next to my desk with the sewing machine on top to hold extra quilt weight too. I had to laugh at the pin cushions and pencils behind the machine because if I had those behind mine the quilt would flop on top of the pincushions and pick up some pins and would probably knock over all the pencils. (Don't ask me how I know).
the only type of drama queen I like to see.........she looks good.......
She is stunning !!!!
Post a Comment