Younger son's birthday quilt - Namaste
53" wide x 66" long
The Philip Jacobs Agate used for the back is truly fabulous.
Quilted with my wavy window blinds
using Glide thread in Sky.
(I was SO happy to find a single thread
that worked with every other color in the quilt -
and he chose this quilting design because he said
it reminded him of a gentle breeze)
He absolutely loves it (and so do I).
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Even if it is very foggy, cloudy or stormy, the blue sky is always there, for us, above the clouds.”
Thich Nhat Hanh




11 comments:
Well I was just going to say if your son does not like it send it down under.......
Blue is not a common background but it looks great......
Made me think of strings of pennants flying in the sky. Great quilt and I do think the quilting suits it to perfection.
Just lovely flowing quilting on this--the flags are definitely gently swaying in the breezes...nice work hugs, Julierose
I just picked Sky for a quilt on the frame! It had to go with a lot of indigo batiks and bright accents, so I am ready to roll. The quilt is very fresh and lively. The quilting looks great. Thanks for sharing the completed quilt.
Your quilt looks great! I think of the triangular flags as a bunting waving in the breeze to attract attention for a business. We see them because they are so cheerful looking and waving to us. The quilting is a perfect pairing for the quilt design and name.
A spectacular finish! The quilting is perfect with the pennants against the sky background and the Sky thread tops it off. Couldn’t be better.
Happy to the birthday boy, Julie, and congratulations on finishing up his fun quilt!!
Wow, what a beautiful quilt!! I'm sure your son will cherish it!
It's beautiful, Julie, and looks exactly like prayer flags in the breeze. Such great colors! Happy birthday to your son!
Well done. I like the scrappy blue background.
Pat
Can you share what size (how tall) the large triangle is? LOVE your quilt with the blue background. Well done.
Post a Comment