Saturday, April 24, 2021

Lined Drawstring Bags - an Update



During March, I didn't get any of my RSC green 
lined drawstring gift bags made.

But now they are finished.



2 Extra Large, 1 Large, 
1 Medium, and 2 Small



The RSC color for April is blue -
light and bright blue.

So I made five more bags
and now I'm caught up again.


1 Extra Large, 1 Large,
1 Medium, 1, Small,
and one Extra Small

These bags bring my total to 31 -
2 XXL, 7 XL, 5 Large,
7 Medium, 5 Small, 
and 5 Extra Small

(you can see posts with the other bags 
by clicking the label below the quotation -
the quilt in the background
is the back of Party Hat Optional -
and there's a photo link to the pattern
 I'm using for the bags in the sidebar)

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge HERE.

* * *

Update on Max:
(see previous post)

DH figured out the remaining issue on his own
and by mid-morning Friday
Max was back in action once again.

DH left a voice mail for Angie with APQS
thanking her for her help 
and for the updated digital manual.

She called him back with her voice full of astonishment.

"NO ONE ever calls and says thank you."

(hmmm . . .  that's actually kind of sad)

Hope to have DD 8 quilted and finished
to share with you on Monday.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. 
In blue the spirit can wander, but in green it can rest.”
Mary Webb

17 comments:

Kaja said...

I'm glad that Max is fully recovered and you can quilt on. All your drawstring bags are looking fantastic - linking them to the RSC was a very clever way to motivate yourself; I wish I had thought of it.

Pamela Arbour said...

So glad he was able to get Max going again! Your bags are lovely. You are going to have quite a collection by the end of the RSC.

Annie said...

Your bags are so awesome! The fabric choices and colors and contrast look so happy and cheerful. They are a gift in themselves.

Julierose said...

Lovely bags--I am making one for each granddaughter in their favorite colors....
they just love stuff like that.
Nice work--happy your "quilter" is all fixed and ready for action ;)))
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just love when tech stuff just gets figured out and you can just can get on with it. Congrats to your husband! The bags are such beautiful fabric. Thanks for sharing.

Mari said...

Hurray for the Max fix! The bags are really pretty. It already looks like a fun Christmas at your house! :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that photo of the green bags in front of a pink quilt....LOVE.....

Yakéné said...

Bonjour, j'aime toujours autant voir tes créations très colorées. Les journées ne sont pas assez longues pour tous les projets que j'aimerai réaliser.
Bonne fin de semaine. Amicalement.

MissPat said...

How nice that you have an in-house mechanical engineer who can figure out such technical details. If I depended on my husband for that, I'd be up a creek without a paddle. Your gift bag collection is fantastic.
Pat

Nancy said...

I have been drooling over your bags for quite a while now. Today I caved. I decided to order the paper pattern instead of the digital and can't wait to get it. I love your color combinations on your bags. I love bright but I tend to default to matching colors. I hope I will be able to free myself from the need to match with these cute bags.
Hugs,
Nancy

Bonnie said...

Oh those bags are darling. You've got a wonderful stash to get such an abundance of cute fabrics! Yea that Max is back up and running. Aren't DH's great when they will get to work on your machine to get it up and running again? (Well, they are always wonderful but especially helping us out!)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on working your way through green and blue for RSC bag project, Julie. More importantly, SEW glad to hear that Max is feeling better!!!

Linda said...

What a great collection of gorgeous gift bags. Your choice of fabrics is super, particularly like the owl and cat ones. These would lovely gifts in their own right.

LynneP said...

Loving those bags!!!

swooze said...

Your bags are great! What do you do with them?

Vicki W said...

these bags are awesome! I made a few recently for little boys to be toy bags although I expect that at some point they will become weapons.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to see that Max is back in action! Julie your drawstring bags are just beautiful, love all the fabrics you've used, recipients of gifts in one of your bags will be very happy indeed.