Thursday, April 22, 2021

Delay of Game



Wednesday afternoon I started quilting 
Dumpster Diving 8 - Bella.

I stopped to change Max's needle but
when I took the first test stitches the new needle broke.

Arrrrgh!  

This was the first needle break since Max arrived in 2016.




Thursday morning, with an APQS video pulled up on his tablet,
DH removed Max from his table and got to work.




My pressing table has become the new work table.




I set up a small work station at the other end
of the pressing table and started trimming the large pile
of oversize four part units into 2.5" squares for Smitten.

(I needed to stay close by while "helping" as his assistant)




I am so grateful DH understands machines 
and has his array of tools to use.




By late Thursday afternoon,
Max's bobbin area been cleaned and
his re-set timing tested three times with far too many
loopy thread nests on the back of the practice sandwich.

So Friday DH and Angie from APQS Tech Support
will work together by phone and/or Zoom 
to figure out why Max isn't happy yet.




And by the time we stopped late Thursday afternoon
I had trimmed a total of 250 2.5" four patches for Smitten.

Fingers crossed that  Friday's repair session 
will have a happy ending.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world.  Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak.  Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.”
Allen Klein

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Yikes--that's a lot of four patches to have cut in one session!!
Sorry about your machine--frustrating for you I am sure...but great that you have a live-in workman;)))
Hugs for a good weekend Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, no!! Poor Max (and poor you, too.) We are fortunate to have our own personal maintenance techs "on staff", aren't we, Julie? APQS has such great customer service when those "maintenance techs" need some tech support! Hoping for good results.

Mari said...

I hate it when that happens! :) I once ran over a pin with a serger and it upset the timing completely. This was back when I made dresses for my daughters, so of course it was very inconvenient! Here's to being back up and running really soon.

Vivian said...

You are lucky indeed to have in home service!! I do hope your machine is up and running smoothly by now. Our machines work great - until they don't, and then we are frustrated to the extreme. Best of luck that you are back on the quilting line again soon.

QuiltGranma said...

You keep calling him Max, but right there quite visible he wears a tattoo of his name George. Maybe he finally got miffed enough because you keep calling him Max that he rebelled until you call him by his right name?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Definite fingers crossed Max is happy today!!!