Friday, March 12, 2021

Shoshin - the Flimsy



The top for Shoshin is sewn together.

56" wide x 69" long




Here's a detail showing some of the fabrics in the top
along with the yardage I pulled to use as binding.




Continuing with my "shop the stash" approach,
I pulled this group of Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics
to use for a scrappy pieced back.

(the originally planned yardage didn't work as well
once the top was sewn together so it will be used
for another project down the line)




Here's a look at the combination from the other direction.

This one happened quickly in comparison to some of mine.

Maybe I can even get it quilted before the end of the year.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“All the other colors are just colors, but purple seems to have a soul – 
when you look at it, it’s looking back at you.”
Uniek Swain

13 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

It seems like you had the perfect stash. I like your colors. You did a great job with the fabrics and such a simple block. Thanks for the inspiration.

Julierose said...

This did come together quickly for you;)) It is so pretty and looks like Springtime...hope you have a wonderful weekend...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done, Julie! I just adding the third "log" to my blocks last night. Hoping it will be a quilt top by the end of the month!

Mari said...

Beautiful! I love the setting triangle fabric. It sets off the pieced blocks just perfectly. It also has me dreaming of lilacs! Coming soon, I hope!

MissPat said...

I love both the marble swirl used for the setting triangles and the blue big flower Kaffe that going into the back. Binding fabric is great, too. You make such wonderful combinations.
Pat

Juliana said...

I love the quote: purple has a soul! I almost never buy purple or purple print fabric, but your quilt suggests I need to expand my color horizons. This quilt is so beautiful, and I think the back is going to be a lovely as the front.

Nikki said...

Gorgeous! It just sparkles! (PS. Nice stash!)

audrey said...

I love what you pull out of your stash. The fabric at the side of the quilt looks so good with it and the potential binding fabric is perfect. You have a real gift for getting colors to pop and spark in your quilts.:)

Carol Andrews said...

Wow! This is a stunningly beautiful, colourful quilt. Love it! 😄

Sharon Kwilter said...

Beautiful. Well done.

QuiltGranma said...

I love that plaid you have off to the side, wish there was more of it, like for a border on that quilt.

Vicki W said...

That print in the middle of your blocks reminds me so much of my Grandma Dove. She loved purple and would have wanted a dress from that fabric.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This one is so cool!!! I like that setting and the colors!