Backing up to January, these were the three utility mats
for February pin basted and waiting to be quilted.
Table mat one measures 16" x 16"
Table mat 2 measures 16" x 16"
This runner measured 12" x 55"
and as soon as it was trimmed and bound
it was mailed off to Michigan - before I took
a finished photo (oops).
It was bound with the same green/cream stripe
used on the two table mats.
This month (February) I made green mats for use
in our living room during March.
There are two reversible table mats, each measuring 17" x 17"
This is the "top" whole cloth surface.
And this is the reverse side, which shows the quilting more clearly.
The runner for the cedar chest - side one.
And that same runner - side two.
(I posted about the March mats/runner here
if you're curious about the fabrics used)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I get bored without color in a room. Interesting, strong, clear colors are easier to live with in the long run than pale colors. People always think it’s the opposite, but in actuality soft colors get boring much quicker.”
Richard Keith Langham








7 comments:
Love your utility mats! Going to make some today.
Hmm...I had not heard the term “utility mat” before. But it’s perfect for mats that can pose for a variety of purposes. I like it! And I love your mats. The first few are so wonderfully colorful. The greens are great for March. I’m working on a green March project myself. This is great inspiration.
Nice job on finishing these mats up for use in March, Julie! Thanks for the reminder that Spiral quilting is easily manageable for a small piece. I may have to try that for my March 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry since I've never used that method before (and my February entry is already quilted!)
Ohh I love them!!!
The mats and runner are lovely and so evocative of March. But, I love the quote you selected because it resonates so strongly with me! I know softer pastels have their strengths but strong, clear colors are my thing as you know.
Great trying all the different quilting patterns. Love the circle one.
Beautifully bright utility mats and such a good size at 16" x 16", nice matching table runner.
Post a Comment