Heliophilia (love of sunlight) is finished.
(for such a sunny quilt, it was a very gray day to take outdoor photos)
The first time I posted about this quilt top is HERE.
The scrappy pieced backing was sewn together in November 2017.
and was originally intended for Partly Sunny.
The top for Partly Sunny had a long and winding story -
you can read parts of it HERE
.
I am so glad that Lynne didn't want to use the backing
because I absolutely love it!
Liberated unmarked free motion quilting
with my beloved all over fans and flowers
(with a few paisleys and pebbles added for good measure)
using Glide thread in Buttercup.
48" x 60"
* * *
In other outside-the-studio news -
DH and I received our first doses of COVID vaccine yesterday.
Younger son gets his second dose today.
The on-site drive-through process was a breeze
compared to the frustrating and erratic online appointment systems.
Funny (not "ha ha" funny) story -
The online system used for the second doses flaked out multiple times
while trying to get him registered for an appointment -
and then we ended up with two appointments
on two different days in two different locations.
I spent enough time on hold cancelling the extra one
that I was able to attach the binding to Heliophilia
and have all but the last few inches flipped to the back
and machine-sewn down - thank goodness for speaker phones!)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“She turned to the sunlight. And shook her yellow head and whispered to her neighbor: ‘Winter is dead.’”
A.A. Milne





17 comments:
Oh I love this. I wonder if I a novice quilter could make it.
Beautiful quilt, lovely to see the different shape and the quilting is gorgeous
Just a lovely quilt finish!! I think the Yellow (sunny days) and gray (our weather lately days) are delightful together...
Hugs, Julierose
New York does not have drive through sites. I still can't get a shot for my 88 yr old mom. I got one due to someone's cancellation. Love the quilt and especially the backing. I love how you link the parts of the story in your post so the narrative is richer. Thanks.
Julie, your sunlight quilt turned out magnificent! I see plenty of sunshine and green grass and then an occasional overcast day in this quilt. It seems as though the online appointment system wanted to help make sure you got that binding done. And you got your appointments as a bonus. That’s the bright side.....goes along with your sunlight bright quilt. Your quilting looks awesome.
This turned out great, and those backing fabrics, the whole back actually, are perfect for it. Congratulations on the vaccine, I'm far down the list of eligibility for it.
I love this quilt! It is so cheery and happy! I also think the quilting is perfect. The special backing really gives you two quilts in one. Hooray for vaccines! I have my first and will get my second in about a week and a half. What a relief!
It doesn't matter if the day was gray, the quilt shines! I love the yellows and greens together, they look so cheery. It definitely looks like spring! I finally got an appointment for a vaccine myself, and I'm unreasonably excited. No drive-throughs, but I'd walk quite a ways for it right now. Have a good weekend!
A lovely breath of spring colors even when the skies are gray. Congratulations on getting your first jab. I have been unsuccessful in booking an appointment so far and yet my husband called the county Office for the aging earlier this week and was told they weren't giving shots. Then he received a call from them yesterday saying he could get one this morning. He asked if I could get one too but they said no, even though I am 4 years older, but had no chronic conditions and the vaccine they received was designated only for those with chronic conditions. I'm hoping there's a glut in vaccine soon and they'll be begging people to come for them.
Pat
Congrats on another beautiful quilt finish, Julie! I've been waiting for this one (and it did not disappoint.)
Love your quilting texture on this one! Really helps make for a fantastic finish.:)
The grey day lets these beautiful yellows and greens show up even better. I always love your fan quilting. How delightful that you and your family have gotten the vaccine. Here's hoping the whole world is vaccinated soon so we can kill off this virus and find a new normal.
All that yellow looks like its trying to brighten up your day! Love it! and right... too funny... I feel for those folks making the appointments... sigh
It's awesome!
Here comes Spring with Heliophilia - a lovely finish!
I love this. But I also love rectangles like this. The backing is so much better for this quilt than it would have been for partly sunny.
Beautiful finish!
Post a Comment