Monday, May 11, 2020

Feisty and Bella - Another Update



This is the second spiderweb block for Feisty.




After making two blocks (four quadrants each)
I decided to revise my work area --
larger boxes for the color groups made life much easier.

(I slid out the small table from underneath my sewing table
for the blue/green boxes and borrowed a Raaskog cart
from the other room to hold the brights on blacks)




Block three in progress - four quadrants pieced.





Block three sewn and pressed.




Block four.




With four blocks pinned side by side
the secondary design begins to appear.

Feisty indeed.

* * *


Oh, and 21 of the 38 slabs 
are sewn and pressed.

One slab at a time.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“When we listen to certain types of music or soak our eyes with paintings or fill our lungs with poems, it all begins to blend and run through us, quietly becoming part of our blood, flesh and bones.  We always carry the art we’ve loved.”

Victoria Erickson


11 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Fiesty indeed, a little sassy too, LOL This will be such a fun quilt!

Linda Swanekamp said...

That is a whole lot of color to manage. Feisty is truly an appropriate name.

Nann said...

Wow! The spiderweb quilts I've seen have all-the-same star points. The multicolored points make this explode (in a good way).

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Feisty is a good name for such an exuberant color palette! I really like your set-up with the boxes of different color strips. Great organization, thanks for sharing the photo.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice progress, Julie!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Stellar!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

SO SO COOL!!! I love where this is going!!

Cathy said...

Fantastic bursts of color! I like the varied polka dot centers too.
Now I think you inspired me to go dig out my UFO, piece a back and get it quilted!

Ann said...

Beautiful. Making the stars different colors works so well here. It's a big help to have all the supplies right at hand. Thanks for the ideas.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love these Julie, they explode with colour! Such an effective pattern and your sewing set up looks ggod.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving all this bright colour too! I know these take a bit of time to piece, but sew effective!