Monday, February 24, 2020

Feliz Navidad - The Quilt



Thirteen months after it was started,
Feliz Navidad is now finished.

The last time I shared this project
was November 2019 when I sewed the top
and pieced the scrappy back.




Quilted with liberated 
free motion oversized orange peels
using Glide thread in Light Tan.





The multiple panels worked beautifully for the back.

Finished size 48" x 64"




I elected to use black and white for the binding.




Actually, I used three different 
leftover black and white bindings.

(evenly spaced stripes, diagonal stripes,
and an unevenly spaced stripe)

It will be grand to pull this one out in early December
and enjoy it all through the Christmas holidays.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“A wise old owl sat on an oak; the more he saw the less he spoke; the less he spoke the more he heard; why aren't we like that wise old bird?”

Chinese Proverb

14 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Outstanding! You did a great job on quilting as well and the backing was perfect. I have a plethora of panels. I have only thought to use mine in a backing once so thanks for the reminder! Isn't it nice being ahead of the season for a change instead of running to catch up?

Julierose said...

It turned out so beautifully--it will be such a cheerful celebratory quilt for the Holidays...hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

Fantastic finish! I love how all the different red and green fabrics play with each other!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for another fantastic finish, Julie! LOVE your use of random black and white striped binding leftovers. Out of your stash and onto a quilt? SEW perfect!

Marie said...

Fun, fun, fun! And those are some pretty amazing clothespins you have !!!

Diane N. said...

Wonderful quilt and I love the back.

Janie said...

Great Sixteen Patch finish. Your machine quilting and binding choice set it off perfect.

Magpie Sue said...

Very nice. Feliz Navidad indeed!

The Selvage Fairy said...

I love the circles with the squares. Perfect counterpoint.

audrey said...

This is a great Christmas Quilt! I absolutely love the lighter blocks scattered throughout the quilt. They are a wonderful spark. And the backing panels really help keep the quilt feeling whimsical and oh so usable.:)

QuiltGram said...

A fresh, charming quilt for Christmas. Fun exciting balance of color, playfulness, design and quilting. Perfect for the holidays. Beautiful

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great finish. Looks so cozy. The back is so much fun. The clothespins always make me smile.

Kaja said...

Nothing like being prepared well in advance! I like your orange peel quilting a lot.

Ann said...

The orange peel quilting works so well with this top. Congratulations on moving some of the Christmas fabric out of the stash.