First off, there are two more 12.5" blocks
for Dumpster Diving 11 - Mischief Maker.
(you can see my other Dumpster Diving quilts HERE)
I used January's green strata to make eight placemats
for a local guild's Meals on Wheels project.
Some were backed with yardage, one with a fat quarter,
and another with pieced-together leftovers from a quilt back.
All were bound with leftover (or unused) binding.
Quilted with a loose wavy free motion grid.
February's orange scraps yielded two reversible placemats.
Top placemat flipped to the reverse side.
Swapping positions . . .
. . . and flipping to the reverse once again.
I know these would brighten up my day -
I hope they brighten the day of whoever receives them.
* * *
Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
And, for those who are interested,
the second installment about our meeting online
and our ongoing long distance friendship
is on Lynne's blog HERE.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I'm a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.”
Ruth Bader Ginsburg







16 comments:
Wonderful placemats and for such a good cause--they should warm their hearts at each meal...nice work hugs, Julierose
these color strata blocks are really great.
These placemats are great!! Gives me more ideas for my scraps...if only there was more time. Well, we do get an extra day tomorrow!!
Good use of orange, it's a warm cheerful color, and you're sharing the goodness!
Eleven Dumpster Diving quilts!
Great placemats! And what a heart-warming way to use up scraps. Good for you!
We have an explosion of colour going on in this post of yours!! You have such a rich collection of fabrics in the mats and the Dumpster Diving blocks.
Those should make some festive meal times! The dumpster diving blocks look like the start of something good as well.
Your place-mats are beautifully cheerful. They should brighten anybody's day!
love the dumpster series. So someone gets a placemat with their meal?
Oh, so lovely! Beautiful finishes!,
Those make perfect placemats, Julie! I think people are going to love them at Meals on Wheels!
What wonderful placemats. I love the monochromatic tops.
I love your Dumpster Dives!
And those placemats are gorgeous - I'm sure they'll be well-loved!
The placemats will absolutely brighten someone's day. Your Dumpster Dive blocks are beautiful too!
How big are your dumpster diving quilts?
Post a Comment