Since I first shared this project in April
I've been slowly stitching HSTs together,
mostly as leader enders.
This past week I set up the ironing board
so I could sit down and press them open.
Then I trimmed away the tiny dog ears.
This stack has 35 HSTs in it.
Without counting each stack
15 x 35 = 525 HSTs.
Definitely enough to start playing with a layout.
(and there are at least that many more colorful triangles
waiting to be paired and stitched should the need arise)
I also unstitched the labels from all twelve bird blocks.
(they were there to prevent students from taking them home)
* * *
I need to stay focused on finishing up Summer Breeze
and then get started on the small quilt I need to make
for the Instructor Showcase at The Folk School
for my week long class in September.
(there are a few spaces still available)
But I can also play with these birds
and the HSTs on the design wall
to test out some of my thoughts.
Quiltdivajulie




13 comments:
Those are darling!
The bright HSTs look terrific with the birds. I was making Lynne's butterflies over the weekend, but not sure how I will use them. I just needed them.
LOVE what you are doing with those HST! What fun for the eye to move everywhere on the quilt.
I am making birds also, just because they are fun! Your layout is inspiring me!!! Thank you!
that's going to be adorable! Tiny little HST's!
Those HSTs are going to be a great addition "For the Birds". Always inspiring to see your process as a quilt develops.
This is the cutest ever. HST always add so much.
Loving the addition of those little HSTs. I can see why one would get sidetracked palying with these blocks!
Those HSTs add so much to this quilt. I like the way you rotated the triangle borders, too.
I love, love, love this! Also-- brilliant idea to pin a measuring tape to the design wall; definite light bulb moment here!! :)
Hello! I love your happy, colorful birds! Cute using the HST's as a border like that! I love scrap quilts!
Oh I do like the way you're using hst's to separate the bird blocks, great idea.
Love the birds, and love the HST's movement they will add to the quilt! Can't wait to see the finish!
Post a Comment